It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2013, 11:51 AM   #1
(male)

bloomey HB User
Flashes of light

I have these flashes of light and floaters in vision, symptoms of a retinal detachment from what I read on the internet. However I am a bit confused.

These flashes only happen at night, NOT ALWAYS, I think it's when I'm just tired and ONLY if a LED sort of light is present. For example the small LED light from a laptop power on button, router blinking lights, basically some sort of light.

I do suffer from nearsightedness(-1.25 in both eyes), and the flashes do not occur when the room is just dark and there is no light present.

Should I be worried?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2013, 12:34 PM   #2
(female)

fordaisy HB User
Re: Flashes of light

Any symptoms like that need to be checked out. Best to get a dialated eye exam by an opthamologist as soon as possible. You never stated your age, sometimes older folks get that from a soupy virteous, but even they need a check up.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2013, 12:44 PM   #3
(male)

bloomey HB User

Sorry about that, I'm 17. I do spend a lot of time in front of the computer screen though.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:46 PM   #4
(male)

Stevin HB User

hey
if you experience a sudden increase in floaters, flashes of light in peripheral vision, or a loss of peripheral vision you should have an eye doctor examine your eyes as soon as possible.

Old 05-05-2013, 10:19 AM   #5
(female)

JennyC1 HB User

I get flashes of light in the corner of my eyes and have floaters, some have increased from before, had eye tests, all fine. Sometimes eye issues are unrelated to the eyes and can be due to an autoimmune illness like thyroid issues or others or neurological, but always best to get your eyes tested just in case. Keep a list of any changes etc and see the doctor/opthamologist regularly or as needed and hopefully in time they will be able to pin point the cause.

Closed Thread