It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #1
(female)

LumpyEyes HB User
pinguecula shrank now is regrowing

I have had a lump on my left eye for the last 7 years and it sometimes gets red and swollen. Doctors have told me it is a Pinguecula.

In late 2011 I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer, and following surgery, have been undergoing chemotherapy (6 cycles of Taxol), and Herceptin (18 cycles) over the last year. My Pinguecula shrank and dissappeared during chemotherapy.

I finished Herceptin 6 weeks ago, and for the last 2 weeks the Pinguecula has been growing again and become inflamed.

Has anyone else had a similar experience. Why is it now growing again, Why did it shrink during chemo ? Is it some other kind of lump that responds to chemo ?

Is there anything else that will shrink it ? My eye is so sore all the time and so bloodshot.

Any info gratefully recieved.

Lucy

Last edited by LumpyEyes; 04-24-2013 at 05:04 PM. Reason: this is in wrong section should be in Eye & Vision

Reply Reply