It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2013, 06:56 AM   #1
(male)

rod24773 HB User
Woke Up with Really Bloodshot eye

Over the past few months I have a awakened on a number of occasions with half of one of my eyes blood filled .More than your normal broken blood vessel situation . In the beginning of this year I awoke one morning with pinguilitis ,having a large growth thingy in my right eye .This took some time to shrink while being medicated .The extreme blood vessel thing has happened a number of times since in either eye but more so in the right .My blood pressure is great and my eye pressures were checked and found to be good .It in no way affects my vision .Is this anything to be concerned with ?

Old 07-05-2013, 02:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eagle HB UserEagle HB UserEagle HB User
Smile Re: Woke Up with Really Bloodshot eye

Are you diabetic? I'm sure your doctors have already asked you that, but just in case they didn't, there's diabetic Retinopathy, extra blood vessels on or in the Retina, which if they get worse, if that's what you have, can rupture and obstruct your view. They seal them off with a laser which counts the burns, only allows a little less than 1000 per session. I've had four sessions, a series, at times, I've had diabetes so long. They give you deadening drops, of course, probably as many as you need.

If this isn't the info you need, sorry, but at least I did the best I could to try to help. Maybe some kind of cornea infection? But I'm just a fellow patient, not a doctor, obviously.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2013, 03:52 AM   #3
(male)

rod24773 HB User
Re: Woke Up with Really Bloodshot eye

Thanks Eagle . I am not diabetic and have been checked before . I am hypoglycemic however so my sugar levels go low .It has nothing to do with insulin however . My bloodshot X 10 eye showed up on Sunday morning .It has now pretty much cleared out 5 days later . I work in a very dry and dusty environment so that may play a part ??? Not sure .

Reply Reply