It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2005, 02:52 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SusanGene HB User
Unhappy Injecting Water into Veins: Lie or Truth?

my daughter's boyfriend has tracks on his arms that her son, 7, says is "because he loves us so much he does it when he's away from us" which , by the way, has been for the past 3 weeks. We have him pegged as a "travelin' man" as in the old Ricky Nelson song.
My daughter now tells me "he injected WATER; he needed the PAIN."
Does this make sense to anyone or has she fallen for a sick joke? I do know the guy is an alcoholic; he admitted that much.

Old 12-29-2005, 02:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tina76 HB User
Re: Injecting Water into Veins: Lie or Truth?

I have never heard of such a thing. Personally I would think she is falling for a line. But aht is just my opinion!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2005, 05:24 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Constant HB User

He needed the pain? Is that like self mutilation?

The only time have heard of water being injected is for women who are dealing with intense back pain during labor.

Old 12-29-2005, 07:00 PM   #4

Leora HB User

Honestly, I cannot think of any reason to "say" that you've injected water into your veins other than to make an excuse for having track marks or even being seen injecting a substance into your vein. There's simply no logical reason for it. Clear up all the issues by having your daughter spring a store bought urine test on him, one that picks up ALL meds. If it's only water, he'll be just fine and all clean. But a million bucks says he wont take it or will have some other "excuse" for having positive results. Good luck
Leora

Old 12-29-2005, 07:13 PM   #5
(female)

bent_halo HB User

Water???...new one even for me and I was sure I had heard it all...I went to my best sources...my 4 teenage kids, who seem to know ALL the wild wierd and dangerous things people are "into" these days.....their collective response???...."YEAH RIGHT!!!..he/she? is useing"....so there you have it..straight from the peanut gallery....our two cents.

Angel

Old 12-29-2005, 09:59 PM   #6
(female)

glwood HB User

this is a lie.

Old 12-30-2005, 03:44 AM   #7
(male)

da-pal HB User

QUOTE=SusanGene]my daughter's boyfriend has tracks on his arms that her son, 7, says is "because he loves us so much he does it when he's away from us" which , by the way, has been for the past 3 weeks. We have him pegged as a "travelin' man" as in the old Ricky Nelson song.
Does this make sense to anyone or has she fallen for a sick joke? I do know the guy is an alcoholic; he admitted that much. [/QUOTE]

I'm really confused form this statement but....

EDITED STATEMENT ....

I'm sorry to say but I think it's much worse then what you think....
When mixing dope you add water to it..mix it and shoot it. Shooting water is a street term for shooting dope.... heroin. Look for these items.. Needles, bottle caps, and if he's part of the needle program he might have a membership card in his wallet. The needle program is run by the state and provides small cotton balls to strain the impurities, bottles to mix the dope and water, needles..small 1/8" . The bottle cap would have no plastic and be pure metal. The membership card allows addicts carry these items needles...etc and not get into trouble. My friend is just getting over his horrible addiction and I know how it works. . He's currently on a methadone maintenance plan and is doing great. WHat I have edited is this post is addidng this statement..."I have spoken with my friend who is in the maintainence plan I spoke of and he stated shooting water is also a street term for shooting meth or even alcohol, mainly dope though. ALL THREE WILL KILL YOU.

PLAN AND SIMPLE YOU DON"T INJECT ANYTHING into your body EXCEPT TO GET HIGH. If HE HAS TRAX THEN HE'S ADDICTED. Does hen wear long sleeve shirts a lot, even in the summer....what about money were does he get it?

Don't get angry, don't go crazy, GO to Narcotics anonymous and find out if he falls into the pattern. They have a test for people like you who don't know if there loved one is an addict...so you take a survey/test...which will illustrate behaviors...etc

What ever you do don't call his mother or affect his living status. If he's addicted he will leave and choose his addiction over the people he loves..and once he's gone it's going to be tough to get him back. It will just get worse.

Now I could be completely wrong....but people don't shoot themselves with needles....people that do have stepped over the line from recreational to addict. Ask your daughter has she shot it?

I'm not a doctor, I don't know the best way to aproach the issue, all I do know is that it will get worse.

If I'm right then I would call the insurance company he's with and find out about drug rehabilitation programs...how much or will they cover it. If he does not have insurance he will be covered by the state. There's a few different detox's but he if he is an addict (Opiod) he needs to go through rehab first (to get the edjucation to stay clean) and I think Suboxone or Methadone is his best detox method....but now we are getting ahead of ourselves.
First thing is to
FIND OUT WHAT HE IS USING AND IF YOUR DAUGHTER IS TOO.

Dave

Last edited by da-pal; 12-30-2005 at 04:45 AM.

Old 12-30-2005, 06:00 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

SusanGene HB User

YOU GUYS ARE TERRIFIC!! The worst? She would barely care.

Old 12-30-2005, 11:16 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

SusanGene HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by da-pal
QUOTE=SusanGene]my daughter's boyfriend has tracks on his arms that her son, 7, says is "because he loves us so much he does it when he's away from us" which , by the way, has been for the past 3 weeks. We have him pegged as a "travelin' man" as in the old Ricky Nelson song.
Does this make sense to anyone or has she fallen for a sick joke? I do know the guy is an alcoholic; he admitted that much.

I'm really confused form this statement but....

EDITED STATEMENT ....

I'm sorry to say but I think it's much worse then what you think....
When mixing dope you add water to it..mix it and shoot it. Shooting water is a street term for shooting dope.... heroin. Look for these items.. Needles, bottle caps, and if he's part of the needle program he might have a membership card in his wallet. The needle program is run by the state and provides small cotton balls to strain the impurities, bottles to mix the dope and water, needles..small 1/8" . The bottle cap would have no plastic and be pure metal. The membership card allows addicts carry these items needles...etc and not get into trouble. My friend is just getting over his horrible addiction and I know how it works. . He's currently on a methadone maintenance plan and is doing great. WHat I have edited is this post is addidng this statement..."I have spoken with my friend who is in the maintainence plan I spoke of and he stated shooting water is also a street term for shooting meth or even alcohol, mainly dope though. ALL THREE WILL KILL YOU.

PLAN AND SIMPLE YOU DON"T INJECT ANYTHING into your body EXCEPT TO GET HIGH. If HE HAS TRAX THEN HE'S ADDICTED. Does hen wear long sleeve shirts a lot, even in the summer....what about money were does he get it?

Don't get angry, don't go crazy, GO to Narcotics anonymous and find out if he falls into the pattern. They have a test for people like you who don't know if there loved one is an addict...so you take a survey/test...which will illustrate behaviors...etc

What ever you do don't call his mother or affect his living status. If he's addicted he will leave and choose his addiction over the people he loves..and once he's gone it's going to be tough to get him back. It will just get worse.

Now I could be completely wrong....but people don't shoot themselves with needles....people that do have stepped over the line from recreational to addict. Ask your daughter has she shot it?

I'm not a doctor, I don't know the best way to aproach the issue, all I do know is that it will get worse.

If I'm right then I would call the insurance company he's with and find out about drug rehabilitation programs...how much or will they cover it. If he does not have insurance he will be covered by the state. There's a few different detox's but he if he is an addict (Opiod) he needs to go through rehab first (to get the edjucation to stay clean) and I think Suboxone or Methadone is his best detox method....but now we are getting ahead of ourselves.
First thing is to
FIND OUT WHAT HE IS USING AND IF YOUR DAUGHTER IS TOO.

THANK YOU FOR THIS VERY INFORMATIVE POST. But..call his mother??
This is a 45 year old man; his mother knows all about his past and his felons.
I've only met him twice. I have nothing whatever to do with his life or his being sober or not; all I care about is my daughter, 40, and her son, 7, who believe his lies. Anyway, he's been gone 3 weeks and is so far away I doubt she'll be seeing him for weeks. All they do now is talk on the phone while he whines and fantasizes living on the beach somewhere. He is homeless but has managed to locate women and family across the country who take him in for various reasons. An elderly couple right here in town "keep" him with them for a few weeks; then he disappears. Ive not been over to the house to check for metal bottle caps. My D is into Ativan for her nerves; and her nerves ARE shot, that's for sure. Her family is providing for her; she won't work but she does have a real estate broker's license. This guy is given money by a wealthy woman in another state; my D has called her and they argued!
A 'traveling man's' worst nightmare: his girlfriends comparing notes.
I know he has at Least 3 girlfriends; my D found a love note from one. He said he never heard of the girl. These are 2 middle aged adults with minds of children; very dependent, lazy children. Luckily, my grandson sings like a canary when he spends the night with us. He tells me everything even though his mom tells him to stop it.
Dave[/QUOTE]

Old 12-30-2005, 02:50 PM   #10
(male)

da-pal HB User

[QUOTE=SusanGene]THANK YOU FOR THIS VERY INFORMATIVE POST. But..call his mother??
I had no idea he was 45 his actions sounded like a childís even though you had mentioned of a child I didn't know it involved your daughter and him. Obviously this guy is a loser and your daughter needs to move on. He's only going to bring her down. What can he do for her, nothing until he's sober. Every drug addict is a dreamer and those dreams sometimes get them to commit crime. That's not what you, your daughter and her child needs. He needs an ultimatum, and then your daughter to follow through with that ultimatum. I can't tell you or your daughter what to do, but if he's gone, file for divorce, get full custody and work your *** off, and pray that god shows you the way. I know a girl in a similar situation yet with two children 2 different dads and she despite all odds got her GED, worked her way up made manager at a restaurant chain, makes good money and just met a very nice guy who has taken this young child of the second father as his own..since the 2nd father wanted nothing to do with her. She had ***** thrown on her and she made it out. She found a higher power..and believed something good was going to happen, it did and she's happier then I've ever seen her.

Old 12-30-2005, 03:10 PM   #11
(female)

2bclean HB User

I had a friend who would inject water because she was so accustom to the ritual of shooting dope that when she wasn't shooting dope she would like to stick herself. Of course she did not develop this love of sticking herself by shooting water! I doubt anyone would.

Old 12-30-2005, 04:01 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

SusanGene HB User

Thanks. They are not married; in fact, she has only known the guy for about 3 months. Each new boyfriend she gets is very sweet and addicted to SOMETHING; she can't or does not want a "normal" man. See, she has mental problems. She is an attractive girl with a cute figure and gorgeous hair and a fabulous vocabulary. But she was born a "problem" person, quite nervous , angry, with peculiar ideas. The pot started at 15, then went into mushrooms, then speed (high school) and rejected counseling at 17 after 2 sessions.
A few years ago she got into smoking crack. She had to leave the state with protective services on her back. Her son was about 3 at that time. With a mouth full of decayed teeth. I had them fixed. His real dad is homeless and heavy into crack she has been told and ignores his son. Then for 3 yrs she lived with a man , an alcoholic, who got so bad that HE LEFT and lives alone.
I like this guy; we're friends. We rarely speak but if we do it's ok.
He makes a good living and proposed marriage but she refused due to his drunkenness. Plus, she thinks she loves this heroin guy who my husband says may never return at all. Since she won't cooperate with his beach living dreams. She doesn't have the cash for that. So she keeps getting older and the men keep getting worse. SHE CANNOT BE WITH A STRAIGHT MAN; HE WOULD NOT PUT UP WITH HER ANTICS. So she's left with the s***.
She feels overwhelmed with her son; he's an angel but of course he has his moments living with her bipolar and her men coming and going out of his life..has to be hard on him. He keeps "loving" them-then he's ditched.
I doubt he'll ever be able to take a relationship as a potentially permanent thing even though I've been with my husband 18 years. And he sees that.
If I knew a child psychologist I could trust I'd take him but you never know what they'd say to him. I've known plenty of them and they do have their own opinions about things and they Can say the wrong things to a kid.
I cannot wait to see how long b4 this loser gets back in town-if ever.
What a con man: handsome, quiet speaking, great laugh, nice clothes--no money and his past is somewhat a mystery. Ever married? We don't know yet. Any kids? First she said he has one; then she said she's not sure.
He "prefers" to speak of himself as an alcoholic ; he doesn't speak of himself as a heroin addict. But a neighbor injected him when he was 12; he admitted that. *And said it changed his life.* He accepted a needle injection at 12. I find it very hard to accept that my kids would have done anything but head for the hills if offered such a thing at 12. I believe that at that age I would have been terrified and would have ignored the man from then on. He says it was a bad neighborhood and the guy was a vietnam veteran.
Something else I do not understand: he usually calls her in the middle of the night. "I love you , BABY" he'll say. "I wanna live by the ocean; my doc says I'll die if I don't live near the water, BABY." Idiot.

Closed Thread