It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2007, 11:51 AM   #1
(female)

NashVegasGirl HB User
PLEASE HELP!! Found some pills in my son's room...what is it?

I am panicked...I found a cigarette cellophane wrapper with eight round white tablets that are plain on one side and scored down the middle on the other, the top is the number 44 and the bottom is 148. Can anyone tell me what this is? I don't want to panic if it's an antacid or something....but who puts antacids in a sock drawer? Help?

Old 08-21-2007, 12:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: PLEASE HELP!! Found some pills in my son's room...what is it?

Nashville

Sorry.. I have no doubt how upset you must be feeling. Two ways to identify the pills:

1) Call a pharmacy....the pharmacist will look it up for you.

2) Do an online search for pill identification. There are a few sites that let you enter what info you have concerning color and shape and any numbers on the pill. The right identification will come up for you. I have done this a few times when I have found a stray pill and am not sure when or what it was for.

Good luck, best wishes
reach

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2007, 12:13 PM   #3
(female)

NashVegasGirl HB User

I've ben looking for those sites...not having any luck. Thought someone might have a PDR..Thanks

Old 08-21-2007, 12:16 PM   #4
(male)

nabor4life HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashVegasGirl View Post
I am panicked...I found a cigarette cellophane wrapper with eight round white tablets that are plain on one side and scored down the middle on the other, the top is the number 44 and the bottom is 148. Can anyone tell me what this is? I don't want to panic if it's an antacid or something....but who puts antacids in a sock drawer? Help?
i would call a pharmacist or a doctor.

Old 08-21-2007, 12:27 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB User

It's generic tylenol, but please do call a pharmacy and ask them to confirm this. Better safe than sorry. I know this has your worried. Not a good thing when you find pills stashed in your childs room.

Take care!

Old 08-21-2007, 12:32 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

icehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB User

its a 500mg tylenol

Old 08-21-2007, 12:33 PM   #7
(male)

mariogreymist HB User

Could I add something? While it might well be generic Tylenol, the fact it was wrapped in celophane and hidden in a drawer is worth noting. It is probable some delinquent is selling your kid pills, claiming they are opiates or some other intoxicant. The fact that your son is buying this is a danger sign that he's likely to be using drugs or will be soon.

Old 08-21-2007, 12:55 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

emsmom HB User

wow mariogreymist...good point!!!! it never crossed my mind, but you are absolutely correct to point that out.

kudos to you

kate

Old 08-21-2007, 03:19 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

My ex has been a DEA agent, undercover for 13 years. Thats totally typical of ppl who buy on the street or from "friends" to put them in a ciggie wrapper. they may be harmless now, but it would be a HUGE red flag and Im a parent as well...
The hiding them in the sock drawer is classic because that way no one can trace the pills back to that person... Have you approached him? what did he say? He can go to the doc and get a script if thats what hes wanting or needing. Sounds to me like someone is selling or giving him something that he thinks may be something else. I hope for the best for you, id sit him down immediately if you can, and keep your eyes peeled for anything else. Im sure you are worried enough...please let us know how it turns out!~
xoxoxoxox,
IZZY'SMOM

Last edited by IZZY'SMOM; 08-21-2007 at 03:31 PM.

Old 08-22-2007, 07:18 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User

Why not just have a talk with your son and ask him what the pill is and why hes hiding it?

Closed Thread