It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2007, 08:14 PM   #1
(female)

mary6 HB User
Question Help my pals son please.

My freind her son is in a voluntary rehab and while going to recieve his methadone was introduced to cocain and other hard drugs i myself donot understand all the jargan my pal is at her wits end and has spoken to me for two hours on the phone tonight crying and would love to know if their is any way she could treat him at home with a counselor at her house and the doc give him med at home they live in the country the clinic is in the inner city ,he has sold everything that has been dear to her and one of her siblings has been a victim of his stealing rampage it is awful has anyone any advice that i can pass on to her please i am totally ignorant when it comes to drugs help her please.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2007, 09:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User
Re: Help my pals son please.

How old is her son? If he'a in rehab, how's he getting cocaine? From rehab? I would say she needs to set some limits. If he doesn't go through with the rehab,,,she's done with him. She could have an intervention with him....set the rules and if he doesn't adhere to them...she's done. She is going to have to separate herself from the torment drugs cause. She is stuck right there with him and has to cut herself off from it. That is the only way to get some peace in her life. He has to do this himself, with or without her.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2007, 01:02 AM   #3
(female)

mary6 HB User

Thank you i have told her the same thing its very hard when you are a mam to give up and his age is 18years of age she has been covering up all his faults and mess ups for years He is getting the drugs on the way to the center the pushers are at every corner so he is quite vulnerable and she has not told anyone about his stealing all her jewelery i have advised her to call the police he would be in a better position to get a residential rehab i think but their is a waiting list thanks for your advice i will pass it on m

Old 09-05-2007, 11:50 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Mary,

Just an idea;

Call the police;he gets arrested and that "voluntary rehab" can serve as a condition that is mandatory until one of the other rehab beds are available.

I have weighed all the factors and if the D.A.'s office (she can go down there without her son's knowledge) is willing to work with her on this, it can definitely be done.

Upside: He gets the help he needs and thanks his mother, in the long run.

Downside: He could resent the mother for going this route and at the end, he may still come out and relapse.

I am a parent myself and sometimes desperate times cause for deperate measures.

(just my opinion)

Phoenix

Closed Thread