It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2007, 09:29 PM   #1
(female)

MYSISSYGIRLS HB User
omg my daughter is pregnant/on sub.prgram

Hey again all,
I am sure in last few days most have read my post, ive been in somewhat crisis and am standing my ground with giving myself a break from my daughter. she threw heck of a tantrum over week ago and we havent talked since. She moved in with my son. She has 7 year old daughter that she has barely raised i have did most of that along with my daughter in law. my daughter is on suboxune program / 3 per day. she has not been on any birth control for 7 years and has just never gotten pregnant, she told me she couldnt well she was wrong. my daughter in law said that my daughter just found out she is pregnant. I am in shock. I am glad that right now i am not communicating in her life and i think that maybe why she struck out at me because she knew she got herself in another mess. The guy wants an abortion and from what we as her family has been through and her daughter i think that would be the best or adoption. she is never been able to be a mother to the beautiful daughter she has now. she sure doesnt need another one to raise and i have made my mind up i will not raise another child of her. dont get me wrong my little ruthie is a pure joy but there has to come a time when i am not raising children. i want some time in my life when i am not repsonsible for her and her children. plus she has been on sub for 2 months, she is not telling that dr or has she told her counselor. which i think is wrong because she is telling m y daughter in law she wants to keep it. I dont think she is thinking into her future at all. who knows what the sub or trazadone could have done to fetus.
Boy i tell you i think i could write a book, it just is unreal. she has only been in recover 3 months and i think that should be her main focus .
But i am resisting any urges to call her and get involved shes 25 this will be her problem and im tired of picking up the pieces.
i do want to thank everyone on here , without your encouragement i probably would have caved by now but you have given me strength, i havent had that for myself for along time.
does anyone know if sub can be taken during pregnancy? and wont she go into withdrawls if she comes off of it?
I am worried about her mental health because i know she is gona be going nuts in her mind but my son and daughter in law are trying to help her and guide her. and i am grateful because they knew i needed a break.
thanks for letting me vent again.
tami

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2007, 03:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

granny0 HB User
Re: omg my daughter is pregnant/on sub.prgram

OMG Tami! This is horrible news. I am so sorry! Hopefully she'll get the abortion. There is no way she's going to take good care of that baby and you are right. You have raised your kids and it's time for you now. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

JB

Old 10-02-2007, 09:37 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

maggie0704 HB User
Re: omg my daughter is pregnant/on sub.prgram

Hi Tami,
I just wanted to respond to one of your questions.....as to if Sub. can be taken during pregnancy. IF your daughter is thinking of keeping this baby, she needs to be honest with a doctor and they will tell her whats best. But she has to tell someone ASAP if she's planning on keeping the baby. Doctors have experience with woman who are using when they get preg., and they know what route to take. I do not think it's possible to continue using sub., but the dr. she sees will be able to take her off it in a way that won't be harmful to her or to baby.....or as best as they can.
My prayers are with you and your daughter.

Closed Thread