It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2007, 04:40 PM   #1
(female)

jponline HB User
? for oh-notagain

Hi, I have been reading a thread you replied to and you seem to be very knowledgable on subs. My daughter is just starting to tritate on subutex and I would like to know what are the % on dosage regarding effectivness to blocking receptors, is it the same as suboxone 32mg=100%, 16mg=95%,what about 8mg,I read that 8mg is enough for anyone.
She has a 6 yr heroin habit,sometimes 3 bags a day, 10 if she can get hold of it, also using crack.
Many thanks in advance, and welcome any other input.
JP

Old 10-02-2007, 07:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

spark-o-cet HB User
Re: ? for oh-notagain

there is no set standard for what you are asking,what most drs do is start the patient out on what the formula is,and there is a formula to calculate how much suboxone/subtex a person needs in relation to what and how much they were taking.if this seems to not be enough after a day or two,then the dr will prescribe more and more until the desired effect is achieved.desired effect being the lowest possible dose a person can use and have no w/d symtoms and especially no cravings.more or less the patient tells the dr how they feel and the dr will adjust dosage based on the patient.

also there is no difference in suboxone and subtex.some say there is but medically speaking they are supposed to be the same.only difference is suboxone has naloxone added to it so that it cant be "shot up" with a needle.subtex does not have this ingredient in it and it is mostly used for the induction period,usually no longer than a week,and then patient is swictched to suboxone.this is how it is reccommended to be done,but each dr can use it how he/she sees fit.

also i would add that the only people or most people that have a hard time with suboxone/tex are the ones that have used methadone for long periods of time.reason being is methadone is stronger than suboxone for one,and the methadone's half life is so long.my dr said methadone patients are the hardest ones to adjust to sub.they never seem to really get the desired effect from it.i for one can vouch for this being true.the first time i was on sub in 03 i was using hydro and oxy.then in 04 went back on sub again and was just on hydro and oxy and both times it worked really good like it is supposed to.i have went back on sub in 06 after being hooked on methadone for almost two yrs.the difference is night and day.i just dont seem to feel good or as good after the methadone use.the sub is stronger than hydro,oxy,and herion and you get the desired effect.but when you go from a drug that is stronger to one not as strong you do not get the desired effect like you would.good luck-spark

Last edited by spark-o-cet; 10-02-2007 at 07:18 PM. Reason: added to

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2007, 12:18 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

oh-notagain HB User

hi. everything spark said is right on the money !!!
there is no difference between suboxone and subutex. except the naloxone, which they put in there to discourage people from "shooting up" to try to get high.
plus, if she uses while on sub, she wont get high at all.

good luck and blessings,

michelle

Old 10-03-2007, 04:16 PM   #4
(female)

jponline HB User

Many thanks, Daughter is now 48hours clean,sufferingw/ds but sleeping alot,she said this is because she is off the crack ?
JP

Old 10-03-2007, 05:34 PM   #5
(female)

MYSISSYGIRLS HB User

I just would like to send my prayers to you and your daughter. My daughter is also and addict for long time and I know what your living through. Hopefully this program will be the one.
Good luck,
Tami

Old 10-03-2007, 05:50 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

spark-o-cet HB User

TO OH NOTAGAIN-i hope you didnt get mad at me for answering the post to you before you had a chance to see it.i read the post and felt like typing and that doesnt happen to much.hope it was okay/good luck-spark

Old 10-03-2007, 06:11 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

oh-notagain HB User

spark - of course its ok !!!! thank you..
j.p. - its perfectly natural for your daughter to be sleeping a lot at this point. i also was addicted to crack and sleep is all i wanted to do when i first came off it.
as far as the suboxone/subutex goes, she should not be experiencing w/d from the heroin as long as she is taking the proper dose. somtimes it takes a couple/few weeks to get stabilized with the sub until she finds HER correct dose, everyone is differnt.

good luck and God Bless You and your family.

hugs,

michelle

Closed Thread