It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2007, 08:16 PM   #1
(female)

panzees HB User
Need Advice Bad..Husband Has Addictions

I have been married 5 years and in a relationship with the same person for 14 years.I was in a bad marriage to an alcoholic when I met him. I found out he was using crack not long after we got together. At the time he was living with his mother and lived there the first 6 years of our relationship. He would spend weekends with me so I didn't really know how much he was addicted. He also would have spells when he would drink. His mother did not know what was going on. He has had problems with drugs and alcohol for most of his life. He is 54 now and I am 42.
We have a very nice house which he built for us 6 years ago. I love my house and growing up poor with next to nothing makes it really hard for me to give it up. The problem is that I am not happy because he is continually battling his addictions. He will go for several months and be clean and then either drink or use crack or both. He has had a DWI and was busted buying drugs in March 2007. He was able to work a deal with the police and escaped prosecution for the drug charge. He has also had gambling addictions.He had a heart attack about 2 years ago which was caused by smoking yet he still continues to do it. I have told him many times that I will not continue to put up with his addictions. Last week he got drunk and I found out he was using crack again. I told him I was leaving and he apologized and begged me not to leave him. He said he had only been using again for about a week. I still think he may be now even though I confronted him 2 nights ago and he denied it. How do I get the strength to get out of this situation? I love him but not like I used to. I am afraid that he will become violent with me if I try to leave because he is short-tempered and aggressive and there are incidents of violence that have happened in our relationship.
I really,really need some advice and encouragement.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread