It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2008, 05:43 PM   #1
(female)

mkrb71 HB User
just found out my husband is using oxycontin and cocain....

I knew something was going on the last 3 weeks because my husbands behavior was extremly erratic. I started snooping through all of his stuff, his briefcase, his closet, his car, the shop. Anywhere I knew he was. I found an orange pill, looked it up on line, found out it was suboxone. Confronted him, he convinced me it was nothing. His buddy gave it to him because he was trying to quit smoking. He was cool and non chalant. He is a master at manipulation. He is general manager at a large car dealership and manipulation is his job. He uses manipulation in every application of his life. I always fall for his lies. Well, I didn't give up looking through his stuff and needless to say I finally found the tin foil in his briefcase. I wrapped a note up in the tinfoil telling him to let me know what this was. He denied knowing anything. I told him I knew he was lying. Long story short he addmitted everything to me the next morning. Oxy and cocain all day long. He is very ill. He is now taking the suboxone to help with the withdrawls. He knows what he has done and has immediatly started getting help. We called and visited our paster, called and made an appointment at the rehab center, got the bible out, have been praying, had sex.....we havent done that since he started this run (as he calls it). Am I a fool? I believe him. He conquered his drug use 8 years ago, I always knew this might happen again. He has been an addict his whole life. If its not drugs it something else. I always thought it was his desire to be successful. So much to say. Does anyone read this sight? He understands how I would question his word. He holds my hand and prays for the both of us. I feel panicy.
Anyone else been through this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2008, 08:40 PM   #2
(female)

mandypaige24 HB User
Re: just found out my husband is using oxycontin and cocain....

Hi, I don't know if I can be of any help, but I will pray for you before I close my eyes tonight. Not my husband, but my mother is in a similar funk. She has been an addict for about twelve years give or take. She was in rehab after rehab and never could kick it. According to her she finally did, and after a five year hiatus she and I are just now rekindling some sort of a relatonship.

Long story short...she is still using. Not as frequently as she once was, I believe I have caught her before she spirals. I have been on here trying to find out sure signs...she meets most all. I hate this for you. I guess that the best thing to do is to always be one step ahead(sounds like you are) Set your bottom lines and demand the help that you need. Counselors, doctors, pastors, whomever just get it and stick with it. I now see that the worst thing that I did was to cut my mother out of my life. They need to know that we love them and hate their addictions (good book by-the-way). However, when the bottom lines are broken and your health and well being are jeopardized other actions are almost necessary. I think that as long as he is willing to help himself he deserves your support. Hang in there.

Closed Thread