It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2008, 08:31 PM   #1
(female)

tshont HB User
Arrow My best friend's on crack

hi everyone,

I actually posted on this bored about a year ago about my boyfriend who was having drug problems. You guys were helpful so I figured I'd come back! Anyway, a very close friend of mine for the last 10 years is using crack cocaine. She had problems with this drug and many others (including ecstasy, powdered cocaine, pain killers, etc) for probably the last 5 years. She has already been through PAR and had her 2 month old daughter taken from her. I knew she had used crack a couple times in the last few months, but she told me she could stop on her own.

Anyway, the last couple weeks she had been very distant with me. When I would call, she wouldn't answer. Turns out she took her tax return and pretty much stayed high for the last few weeks. I really don't know what to do now. When I went through this a year ago I was able to back away, but it seems much harder now. I really just want to be here for her, but I don't even know if she wants help at this point. Can anyone give advice? Thanks so much.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:21 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: My best friend's on crack

Hello ts,

The thing here is that she has yet to reach her "true bottom."

What I refer to is that lowest point that somehow brings about a revelation of sorts, causing the person to make different life choices; not because they are forced to but because they want to.

It can be heart-wrenching to know there is someone close being effected in this way; I say this from personal experience, as I have been on both sides of the spectrum.

The truth of the matter is that drugs and guilt can go hand in hand and it appears that she has been through enough to keep "feuling the fire."[no pun intended]

In situations of this nature, just letting her know that you care should suffice as a start.

It may not register at this particular moment but to re-affirm a good friend that you care is always a good thing in my book.

She will be in my prayers.

Take care.

Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 02-18-2008 at 04:21 AM. Reason: additional comment

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread