It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2008, 11:45 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User
Everyone has opinion

Sister emailed me today. Telling what all I've been doing wrong with son and setting limits and boundaries. she says we don't follow through on our expectations. I wish she could walk in my shoes for 1 week.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:08 PM   #2
(female)

oldnews HB User
Re: Everyone has opinion

Flint, i know what you are saying..and it only makes us feel even worse...Nobody can imagine the things i was told by my own family. but nobody has any clue to what it feels like, they cant unless it happens to them..thats why i come here because i can vent and listen to people in the same boat.. It got to the point where i dont even tell my siblings anything anymore...if they ask i say ye hes ok!! I do let my parents know some things, i dont tell them everything because they get so upset. As for my son he came home looking and acting wonderful..he looks like a million bucks!! Please pray with me that he stays this way..Flint, i think everything you are doing is RIGHT. you are not ignorant to his use and youa re not sticking your head in the ground like others would do. Try not to give up on him, just keep on praying that he gets it. that something will click..eventually it will..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2008, 12:12 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User

I knew you would reply. And it made me feel better. I know exactly what you're saying. I've done the same thing.

I am soooooooooooooooo happy he is home and looks great! I knew he would....Just like on intervention when they're clean, oh what a difference it makes. he will be OK. He and your family are in my prayers every day and nite. This is all we can count on. Nothing else.........and it works!!! I have turned my son over to HIM and he can make things happen from working in his heart. I can't. So, I have to make me happy and my 17 yr old and my hubby. If 22 yr old son wants to join in, we'd love it. if not, we just have to keep being happy...............hang in there MOM...............you're doing great. Please tell him I am soooooooooooooooo proud of him!! I feel like his step-mother!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Old 04-07-2008, 12:32 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hi

Having survived addiction myself, I am going to say to your sister : If there was a one-size-fits-all solution to the problem, there wouldn't be any addicts walking the earth. There is no knowing what any individual's rock bottom is, there is no way of predicting what will work best for withdrawal ( CT, Taper fast or slow, sub, inhouse, outpatient). If the addict himself can not know, how the heck could a family member know????

Flint, I know if you thought it would help, you would put on a bikini and dance on American Idol. You have done near everything else. Just keep following your instincts... you have a good, solid mind that has served you and your family well thus far.

You and the Lord together.

reach

Old 04-07-2008, 01:17 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oh my....a bikini!!!!! Well, I probably would....I know a whole piece I would do............bikini...................I hate to even think about the sight of that!!!1 LOL

but I get your drift...and yes I would............

Old 04-07-2008, 01:18 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Forgot to tell ya!!!! SHE went to hospital yesterday in labor..........I just looked at him when he told me....didn't say a word....I prayed for that poor little baby......don't know anything other............can't believe all I'm told so I guess I'll check the paper in a fwe days and see if her name is in there.......bless that poor little baby's heart...............

Old 04-07-2008, 07:04 PM   #7
(male)

DroopyEyes HB User

One word I never thought I would read on this board.

Bikini.

wife's looking at my grinning face now, gotta go!

best to you, Flint...

Old 04-07-2008, 09:26 PM   #8
(female)

logalind HB User

You guys are all crazy but, thats why I love you. Too funny.

Lori

Old 04-08-2008, 07:54 PM   #9
(female)

Ivorygirl HB UserIvorygirl HB UserIvorygirl HB UserIvorygirl HB UserIvorygirl HB UserIvorygirl HB User

Hi, Flint ~ I just wanted to tell you that you are a wonderful mom and that it is quite common for family members to put in their 2 cents worth thinking that their way may be better. Thing is, like you said, if they only spent a week walking in your shoes their opinion would come up short!!

I am praying that your prayers are answered and that your son finally sees the light.....I really am.

Oldnews....wow, that is such great news about your son!!! I am so happy for you. Let's pray that he stays clean and looks towards his promising future with his civil service job. What is the latest news on that???

I spent most of today on the phone trying to check into how to get my BIL some help down in FL. He is homeless living in the woods and hubby is going to see him tomorrow. He is going to try to talk him into having a psych evaluation and then bring him to a drop in center where they will give him a bed, evaluate him and then set him up for whatever services he needs to get his needs addressed. I am praying that he will find the help that he needs to at least have some good years in his life. He's already in his late 40's and has had so many years of instability. Hopefully he will be open to the help that hubby will find him.

I would love to see that dance in a bikini....in fact I would join your Flint if it would help get your son on the road to recovery but it sure wouldn't be a pretty sight!!!

Your son's are in my prayers....take care of yourselves and know that you are in my thoughts each day.

Love ~ IG

Old 04-09-2008, 07:34 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

thank you so much. We need those prayers to keep flowing..........since he's been home, I don't see much differnce in his attitude. He's not using xanax....right now.........but he has a lazy attitude..........no job....and not looking. we're gonig to inform him today, his stay here is temporary...so he needs to get motivated....get a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread