It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2008, 11:35 AM   #1
(female)

clasact1956 HB User
When will I ever learn/alcoholics and marriage

I am on my 3rd marriage. First one suffered with depression and still does....2nd one was a verbally abusive but I got out before he became physically abusive. He died of liver desease 3 yrs after the divorce. The 3rd one had me fooled and believe me, I thought I was an expert on the subject. He is a quite drinker. Simply falls asleep, is depressed or in bad moods all the time. Never wants to do anything. Hides water bottles filled with vodka all over. I started to find them a year after we married. His reason prior for him being tired was his job. At that time he must have forced himself to be up as he was not depressed or grumpy. Hey, why would I question it as he did have a stressful job. Now that he is in a less stressed job, he still drinks and most of the time is very down or a nasty person. I am so stressed out by me not knowing prior. He knew how I felt about drinkers as I stated that I would never marry another alcoholic. He plays these mind games with me, treats my 24 y/o daughter from a previous marriage who suffers from depression and has trichotilomania very poorly.

The reason I am angry is how could I not see this coming? We are both in our 50's. As much as I hate to end it, he leaves me no choice. He refuses to get any help and turns it around and acts like I am the problem. I am in no mental condition right now to go through a divorce yet I feel like I really need to get out.

Just venting.

Missy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2008, 11:43 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

jerry111165a HB User
Re: When will I ever learn/alcoholics and marriage

***great big giant hugs****
sorry,hon. I really,really hope it gets better for you.
Do what your heart tells you.

*more hugs*

peace.
jerry.

Closed Thread