It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2008, 01:51 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User
Son's Progress

hello all. Just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing.....you know who you are. Son finally got a job at the country club golf course!!! Yeah!! Not a high paying job, but a job. he's clean, he's semi-pleasant most of the time. He is staying away from HER!!! Yeah!! He's not too happy with his dad right now. Dad explained that the truck (in our name) can only be used fto get to work and get home. Not going out kicking it and using gas that's costs $3.45 a gallon.........rip off.........he said he thinks that since he pays the insurance $150 month, that he should be able to use truck any time he wants. dad didn't agree. Dad needs time to "trust" again. Son didn't argue!! Yeah!!!! happiness for small things, huh?

Last edited by flintrock; 04-25-2008 at 01:52 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2008, 06:55 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

cram315 HB User
Re: Son's Progress

I missed a lot while I was away from the boards but very happy to read you are in good spirits, your son is in a good place and your husband is trying to heal old wounds.

Your family deserves it flintrock. I hope this is it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2008, 07:43 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hi Flint

It was good to read your post tonight. It sounds like change might be happening a bit there in Flintland. Smiles.

Change comes slow to addicts... there are so many things to change in ourselves beside not taking drugs. Maybe Son is starting to learn some oof the thinking he has to change. Just stick by your standards... they are solid and they are the ones that Son would want inn place if he himself ever has a child. The truck deal? Well, eventaully, he may realize that the real way to get what he wants is to start saving from his new job for his own vehicle... in a grown-up, responsible, mature way... same as you and Hubby did to buy your truck. Chuckles. he is going to have no choice but to grow up more if he is wanting things. Life lessons, huh?

I have to tell you... the golf course job? My good friend's son worked a gold course and met a lot of people caddying. Many of them were hot shots and big corporate guys. He met them in high school and summers when he came home from college. He was pleasant to them and many said to call if he ever needed a job. Well, guess, what? He is a hot shot, 6 figure salesman for a big old computer company and his way in was through one of those golf course contacts! Never can tell.

Flint, life takes a lot of twists and turns for all of us in various ways. Who knows where Son's life has yet to take him? He may turn out to be the surprise of the family. Never can tell. All we can do is plod along, pray and try our best.

I am really, really hoping this is the turning point for the better for Son and that he stays headed in the right direction. Seems to me that peace is long overdue for you.

In friendship
reach

Old 04-26-2008, 08:03 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User

Thanks Reach and Cram. I take one day at a time. he has the support system he needs, and hope he realizes this. he has a long way to go on the maturity thing. Almost 23 and acts like a 14 yr old. He is so much like me it hurts; hard-headed, strong willed. but I put those qualities in a different direction. Maybe he will too!! i'll keep you posted. Cram, give me an update on son!!

Closed Thread