It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2008, 06:58 AM   #1
(male)

brunson240 HB User
my wife possibly drinking mouthwash

Hello good friends,
I believe that my wife may be drinking mouthwash. She bought a bottle last week. A couple days later I noticed her breath really wreaked of mint mouthwash. She told me that she just uses it all day long. She acted weird that night and fell asleep earlier than usual. My conscious tells me that she may be doing this. Also, i noticed this morning that my bottle was nearly gone, which i bought last week. Are there any surefire ways of knowing if she is doing this? I can remember a couple of times withing the last few months where she really wreaked of mouthwash. Please help me.
Thanks, God Bless
Brunson240

Old 05-17-2008, 08:23 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User
Re: my wife possibley drinking mouthwash

i know of no 'highs' you can get from mouthwash? she may be using mouthwash to disguise the smell of alcohol/nicotine - but thats about it - i think. unless she has ocd about dental hygiene.

maybe someone else can shed some light on this for you?

yoss

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2008, 12:42 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hi Brunson

Some people will resort to drinking Mouthwash or even pure vanilla extract in hard core alcohol addiction. There is quite a bit about it on the net.

Has your wife had issues with alcohol before?

I would suggest you call a hot line or seek out resources in your county and get some help understanding this.

best wishes
reach

Old 05-17-2008, 12:54 PM   #4
(male)

DroopyEyes HB User

Echoing others but wanted to add -- I saw a recent episode of Intervention on A&E and the woman drank mouthwash constantly to get high from the alcohol...If you have A&E on Demand maybe it's on there...it wasn't more than about 6 weeks ago.

I think personally that she's drinking to get high but more importantly - you trust your instincts...

Wishing you both well.

Droop

Old 05-17-2008, 02:39 PM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Hello Brunson,

The only few things I can add to the wealth of information provided here is that you should watch for gastric disturbances, if indeed she is drinking mouthwash; it could be fatal in the long run.

One more thing; please review this thread:

[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=9161[/url]

Take care.

Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 05-17-2008 at 04:03 PM.

Closed Thread