It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2008, 11:06 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User
son again

Hey guys. I am sure some of you know my history with my 23 yr old and the xanax....there's so much tell but I don't even have the energy to tell it. I am going to tell him to leave my house today. he takes from us without asking, then when confronted, he's definsive....like, we did something and not him. I don't know if there is any hope for him. and this is when he is clean........when he's not, now that's a whole different story!!!!! I don't know that he will have anywhere to go...but you know, if he's not worried about that, then i am not either....I don't even like to look or talk to him anymore.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2008, 07:54 AM   #2
(male)

loopman HB User
Re: son again

Hey Flint,

You and I have been hanging around this board for a long time. We have seen a lot come and go. I think you are on the right track. It's past time for tough love. I think you know you have done everything you could have done.

Take Care,
Loop

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2008, 05:55 PM   #3
(female)

jponline HB User

Hi Flintrock,
This sad mum from england has and is experiencing all the things you are. It's a long time since I posted and I have moved on alot but I still keep taking my daughter back hoping that this time she really is through with drugs and each time she "*!"* on me from a great height. Each year I think the heroin abuse can't get any worse or she can't possibly sink any lower, but it does and she does. I now work with the Carers of addicts and tough love works, it's just so damn hard to do. Midnight tonight she walked out again after receiving a phone call, she had only been home for 60 tense anxious traumatic hrs. I, like you, swear I am through this time.

Take care of you, let the addict take care of himself.

The Following User Says Thank You to jponline For This Useful Post:
flintrock (12-09-2010)
Old 09-02-2008, 02:28 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

isitme HB Userisitme HB User

Hi, my son is the same age. Last month was the first time I didn't bother to send a birthday card to him. Turns out it was the right choice. Now I've found out he has made himself homeless, (yet again x 'lost count'). He didn't tell me, as he knows I have very firm rules and will not bend them. I've spent about 17 years on the grief path because of his behaviour. I've given up trying to understand, being confused and heartbroken. It's good to be free of all the guilt. Now I'm putting my energy/time to better use. I wouldn't like to see him, haven't done for over a year now. (That would start the grieving process off all over again)!!

His life is HIS to waste as he chooses.

My life is mine to enjoy/share with those who understand love.

Acceptance is the key. I do hope you find inner peace soon.

Closed Thread