It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2008, 07:43 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

cram315 HB User
Running a Naranon Meeting input

Good morning.

I recently moved. Our new location doesn't have any Naranon meetings.

I am interested in starting one and there isn't any locally to stop by and take notes to see how theirs is run.

I went to meetings years ago and loved the format of the group. Unfortunately I cannot contact those members because I do not have their information and it is too long ago to draw from.

I remember we started with a prayer, I believe reading minutes, then introducing ourselves and giving a little information of where we were in our lives. Then I just don't remember. I know we read from a book and discussed our feelings a few times.

I need some people to discuss formats so I can move forward on then finding a place to have the meeting.

Thanks cram315

Old 11-23-2008, 10:04 AM   #2
(female)

jess9291 HB User
Re: Running a Naranon Meeting input

You need to contact NA groups in other areas in your state. Members there will be willing to help you set up, including giving you meeting materials. You can become an official chapter. (I'm not sure if chapters the right word, but uo know what I mean...) Service is an important part of NA and they love setting up new meetings. Good luck!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread