It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2008, 08:35 AM   #1
(female)

troublex2 HB User
Getting the right help...

Quick history, my fiance had been taking pain pills, mostly percs for the past few years. he doesnt use everyday. he might use every couple months, twice a week or so on. its very random with him. he has been attending NA meetings but keeps relapsing. He was in rehab for Heroin back in 2004 but he hasnt turned back to that at this point. and he started using heroin in the beginning of 04 and stopped by the end of 04. My question is... Is it possible for someone to recover solely from just going to NA meetings even after relapse after relapse ?

Old 12-01-2008, 08:49 AM   #2
(male)

2many2fast HB User
Re: Getting the right help...

Im sorry to hear your story as Ive struggled with opiates for most of my adult life. I went to a treatment center for 89 days and just got home actually. The NA program is a great addition to your fiance's sobriety but its been my experience that its only supplemental. How much is he using? Does he want to stop?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2008, 10:39 AM   #3
(female)

troublex2 HB User
Re: Getting the right help...

It depends how much he uses. If he gets a script from the doctor for any reason he will take the pills but not a prescribed. He might uses once a week, once a month, 2 weeks straight. It isnt every single day but it will eventually get there. Its just never ending. I kicked him out 10 days ago and hes begging me to come home. He said he needs to be home, he misses his family etc. But I have a hard time believing anything he sayd at this point. He always says hes done with drugs but goes right back to them. He says he wants to stop . He's been back in NA meetings for the past 3-4 months and has relapsed quite a bit. But he keeps trying, even goes to meetings when he has used. Im not sure if he is ever " gonna get it" just by going to meetings. Here he goes again this week saying he is going to do 90 in 90 and really work the program ,not pick up etc. same thing he always says. He's straight after a 2 week relapse on pain pills he got from 2 different emergency rooms within a 6 day period. I dont know whats going on because he doesnt use every single day but he has a problem and i see it. I grew up with drug addicted parents, uncles, aunts, cousins etc... I have seen it all. All I can do is pray for him.

Closed Thread