It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2009, 05:05 PM   #1
(female)

motherof addict HB User
mother of 2 addicts Need input

I have never done this before, but I am reaching out for any ideas, suggestions or support that I can get! My 2 adult children are both addicts. My daughter's choice is crack or pain pills. She has been to 3 treatment facilities, and claims she wants a better life. Her husband of 6 yrs passed away 2 yrs ago at the age of 39, from a heart attack as a result of doing meth. My daughter found him in the am when she got up.Since then, she seems to being going downhill.and backwards, rather than moving forward. She does not feel that meetings help, and does not want to go to church. ( She is angry at God). She is now doing a $10.00 hit every day, and canot seem to break the cycle. She is working, but not at her chosen field. She did not want a job that was too stressfull.She loves animals and I wish there was a farm or serene place she could rebuild body and soul. I will talk about my son later, but right now my daughter'a situation consumes me. We have a good relationship, and she is very open with me, but I am out of suggestions and patience. Thankyou for allowing me to ramble on.

Old 04-08-2009, 05:52 PM   #2
(male)

56789 HB User
Smile Re: mother of 2 addicts Need input

this is a very tough situation . there adults from what you say.you can give her an ultamatum , an my exspearience with crack is no one does just one hit unless they deside they dont like it. or they dont have the money.crack is very addictive an takes woman down guickly . i think some states have laws where if your concern for her life is at stake they can order her into treatment. it may take time in jail . its heart breaking but there is not alot you can do unless she wants help . if she lives with you you could tell her that she may not have a place to stay if she does not stop . its sad but it will engulf your life to . you could tell her that you can not have any part of her destruction or youcan try to be her friend . we never give up on them but sometimes we have to let them go . i work with addicts an it can be painful . i have a sister who is borderline alcoholic at 41 .all i can do is be her friend . we dont live in the same house though. call your local drug abuse hotline or na hot line they may be of more help . i will pray for you an your family . it is a desease it sounds like a family one . good luck scott. dont be codependent oh i am a recovering addict

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2009, 04:58 AM   #3
(female)

motherof addict HB User
Re: mother of 2 addicts Need input

thankyou so much for response. I feel better already just being able to "let out" my feelings.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:32 PM   #4
(male)

56789 HB User
Wink Re: mother of 2 addicts Need input

hang in there . if you have anymore questions just ask your not alone

Old 04-10-2009, 01:43 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Secrets1983 HB User
Re: mother of 2 addicts Need input

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!

What a STRONG WOMAN you must be! First of all, I am really sorry about this situation you and your family are in. I am sure there has been a lot of pain and suffering for all of you along the way. For that I am so sorry!

I am no expert.. not by far but I guess if you are at the end of your rope than it maybe ultimatum time.... One thing I can tell you is that you can never force an addict to change or stop using and have it end in a success... It's something they have to do on their own willingly for it to work. Most of the time an addict has to hit "their" bottom before they will come clean... However, that is always something I have had questions about because I didn't really hit a bottom where I did anything bad or had any serious legal or family repercussions to deal with and I came clean. However, I have had one slip since then... and there is still a (hopefully) long life ahead of me so I have to be strong.... You may have to show some tough love and it may help move her into the direction that you want her and the direction she needs to go before it gets any worse!!!

Just know... this place is a great place to "let things out" or to "get stuff off your chest" Everyone is great here and supportive.. Just know you are welcomed and we will be here to help you along your journey!

Many blessings to you and yours!

Closed Thread