It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2009, 07:24 AM   #1
(female)

Missuray HB User
Adult Daughter taking xanax and methadone

I earlier asked a question about how to help my adult daughter who is currently taking xanax and methadone perscribed by a doctor here in town. Her boyfriend was and is adddicted to Oxy's and she moved in with him and now has the same addiction. But, all of a sudden, they are making up lies about what people in the family are saying and they are acting really Paranoid. They actually really believe these lies also. Is this normal because of what they are taking?? And I've been reading that the xanax and the methadone are a lethal combination. Does anyone have any advice. Because now, my daughter doesn't want to talk to any of us. And we're only trying to help her. But, I want to tell her about what I read before she doesn't wake up.
Also, my oldest son hung himself in 2001 from a Meth addiction. He was clean for a year and started back again and left a note in his pocket when he died saying, *I can't get off this Evil Drug*.
I'm so afraid that I'm going to lose her too. I don't know how much more I can take.

Linda, Mom to Sarah

Old 05-26-2009, 03:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB User
Re: Adult Daughter taking xanax and methadone

Linda, I am sorry for what you are going through with your daughter. But you know that nothing you say will help her, she has to want help herself and only then will anything work. There are many sites you will get feed back and support on or meetings in your area to help you get through this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2009, 10:03 PM   #3
(male)

56789 HB User
Smile Re: Adult Daughter taking xanax and methadone

call her md an tell them what is happening , he cant persribe her theses meds if they are being abused or shared , wich sounds the case , do whatever it take , to keep your kid off drugs, family intervention, just whatever it takes, findeout who the doc is an call , if she is sharing them with anyone call the police ,she may stay mad at you for awhile but you will know you did whatever it takes, to help her , i would say just short of breaking the law your self, in some cities if you think she could harm herself or someone else , you could have a court room intervention. like the other person said , call you local hot line , but not before you call her md good luck to you, oh those 3 drugs are a deadly combo do it NOW, i have heard some call it a hot shot , an knew a nurse that died from the combo, i am 5 years clean if that helps, if she gets cought with oxy not persribed is a felony, oh its not what you say its what you do now , keep us updated

Last edited by 56789; 05-26-2009 at 10:16 PM.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:27 PM   #4
(male)

56789 HB User
Smile Re: Adult Daughter taking xanax and methadone

hi hope your takeing the steps to do , whatever it takes , please give us an update

Closed Thread