It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2009, 09:42 AM   #1
(female)

bailey12345 HB User
boyfriend addicted to heroin

Hi there, I recently found out my boyfriend was lieing and using heroin behind me back. I have so much anger and hatred for him now, I don't know how to get back to love and not just look at him as selfish. This isnt the first time addiction has been in the picture, he has been struglling with it his whole life, but has been lieing about being clean for 4-5 months. I found out because he stole money from my emergency fund in my house. He is good at hiding this because we are so very close and hide nothing else from each other. He had me fooled. I need help.

Old 11-08-2009, 05:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

mel486 HB User
Re: boyfriend addicted to heroin

How do you want help? You can't help him until he wants the help - you can only help yourself. You can give him an ultimatum and tell him to get help and get clean, but that is about all you can do. Until he seeks out and finds the help he needs won't do anything different. You have a decision to make about your relationship and whether it can something like this or not. Maybe giving him the ultimatum will be enough for him to find the help he needs. You have to be in control of your own life. Good Luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread