It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2010, 04:28 AM   #1
(female)

brokenheart mom HB User
Mother of drug addict

Hi I'm new to this and am trying to figure out how to read the posts...my heart is broken again by my son who is was on herione now he is getting suboxone here and there...am I kidding myself believing he can just get off herione (sp)and do suboxone here and there

Last edited by brokenheart mom; 01-27-2010 at 04:32 AM.

Old 01-27-2010, 04:41 AM   #2
(female)

brokenheart mom HB User
Mother of drug addict

I need help dealing with my 20yr old taken saboxane herione (sp) and other drugs is there a place to talk to other parents going through what I am

help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2010, 05:10 AM   #3
(female)

Katliz HB User
Re: Mother of drug addict

You are in my prayers. There is Alanon meetings all over the country. They are for the family and friends that are dealing with the addiction of a loved one. One thing I know you will learn is to stop blaming yourself and feeling so guilty about what your son is doing to himself. We can only fix ourselves and keep praying for them non stop. Support of other women around you that are going through the same thing is a great gift. I hope that you find it.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:21 PM   #4
(female)

Living2Lives HB User

I'm sorry that you are going through such a tough time. I have my own evils, but I would be so scared to have to see my daughter or son make the same mistakes that I have. I will tell you that I had a friend who came from a great family, got into a car accident, and from then on out was an addict of heroin, oxycontin, or any opiate-based drug. He went to a great program, got out after a year, struggled, started trying to suppress it with Soboxine (sp?), and now out of school after going through his settlement money, is back in a program. So you definitely aren't alone. These are problems that many parents face. I just pray that he gets better, you find a good support system in the meantime, and that we all will be able to regain what we have lost. Good luck to you in your family. It's a hard time to stay positive, but you have to stay strong. (:

Old 03-04-2011, 06:48 PM   #5
(female)

kimnicole66 HB User

HI my son too is addicted he is not the same anymore imiss him dearly he has gotten so thin, I go to sleep at night wondering if he will wake up the next day, i am lost and scared to death.kim

The following user gives a hug of support to kimnicole66:
pregonmethadone (03-08-2011)
Old 03-08-2011, 08:42 PM   #6
(female)

pregonmethadone HB User

I was addicted to herion, I'm 27 now but started a few years ago. It took me a while to finally learn how to live life sober, when your so used to getting up every morning and doing the drug before anything else and making sure you have enough to get thru the day, everyday it takes a while for our brain to put the drug aside. I know that on days I didn't have herion I would take a suboxin to keep me from going into detox. I'm not sure why your son would take a sub every now and then unless he is still using at times or maybe is afraid he will use that day so he takes the sub knowing its a opiate blockerso doing herion would be pointless? I've been in his spot and unfortunantly the drugs takes over your mind and body, the detox is the worst feeling ever, and just learning to live without the routine of getting money getting drugs constantly is hard as well. Unfortunantly I couldn't do it alone, I tried...did inpatient detox 3x even went to jail....the only way I got and stayed clean was by going on methadone, it worked for me tho even I wish I could do without. Just remember that when he's using, he's not your son. Its the drug taking over making him someone else...to all the moms, I know I am so sorry for what I put my parents thru. It wasn't there fault I ever started, they raised me great in a ggood home. Its not your fault. I pray that your kids get thru this hard time, stay strong

Last edited by pregonmethadone; 03-08-2011 at 08:48 PM.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:52 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User

You have come to the right place for support and knowledge. There are a lot of moms here that know exactly what you're feeling. So, keep reading and keep posting~~

Old 03-08-2011, 09:02 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenheart mom View Post
Hi I'm new to this and am trying to figure out how to read the posts...my heart is broken again by my son who is was on herione now he is getting suboxone here and there...am I kidding myself believing he can just get off herione (sp)and do suboxone here and there
I've been where you are with my son.
He got clean, except for marijuana, but has recently been arrested for that (not for the first time) and is now facing a jail sentence.

I'm disappointed, but I'd far rather have him in jail than dead of an overdose, which he almost was several times before he quit the hard stuff.

He has an addictive personality. I'm not blind; I know he'll probably struggle with various addictions for his whole life... and I'll suffer right along with him.
I still wouldn't trade him for the world, and I still have hope, of course, that he'll get his life straightened out someday. Moms can never give up hope, no matter how often they're disappointed.

You're not alone.
It's amazing, when I was going through my bleakest times with my child, how many acquaintances and coworkers confided in me that their teen or young adult children had similar problems. These were successful, dynamic women. You never would've suspected they'd have these problems with their kids.
It made me feel better knowing I was far from alone. So many young people have drug problems these days.
It's a terrible heartache. But it's not one that you're feeling alone, believe me.
A lot of moms are feeling it right along with you, and I am one of them.

Hugs.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:01 PM   #9
(female)

ladyluv HB User

As a mother i can feel your agony regarding your problem with your son, don't lose hope. just keep on praying and hope it will turned better soon

Closed Thread