It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2010, 10:11 AM   #1
(female)

lost2010 HB User
supporting my husband

my husband is detoxing at home off of pain pills {30's}. He is hatful and mean and I just want to help him its only his second day and he is talking about going and get more because he cant do it. What can I do to help him?? When I ask him he says there is nothing I can do and is very rude. I dont want him on drugs but I dont know what to do...Can you help me PLEASE???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2010, 12:51 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

braveheart226 HB User
Re: supporting my husband

I feel for you, and my advice is to listen to your husband when he says there's nothing you can do for him. I think that pestering him will only make him annoyed at you, and that's certainly not what you're after.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2010, 04:35 PM   #3
(female)

mac2010 HB User
Re: supporting my husband

I am sorry to see this.. unfortunatly i am going through this again... only it's gotten worse as to what he's doing. it's difficult but only thing i have found i can do is give suport tell him how good he's doing and how proud i am of him. however he will have to want to change hisself....it will get rought for him with dt's and such but if he can last i wish you and him the best and my prayers are with you both

Closed Thread