It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
(female)

813roxy HB User813roxy HB User
Hubby's detox day 1 HELP!!!!

Any advice to help him through his oxy detox???

Got lots of Gatorade, vitamins, L-tyrosine, fish oil(omega3)....he's going crazy and I'm helpless. Isn't day 2-4 the worst??? I can't imagine. He's taken 4 hot baths in the last few hours.

The following user gives a hug of support to 813roxy:
rambler0940 (01-19-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2011, 01:06 PM   #2
(female)

Re: Hubby's detox day 1 HELP!!!!

Also, I told him to go for a walk, do something. That failed. He has a script of ambient for sleep.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2011, 02:36 PM   #3
(male)

Addict3d HB User

What exactly is he detoxing from and how much?

Old 01-19-2011, 08:31 PM   #4
(female)

Oxycodone, 150mg/day for the past year. He was also on methadone, but tapered and has been off that for about ten days.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:40 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

oxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB User

Roxy, he is doing good if he just got off of methadone and now he is attempting to do the oxycodones. I take 120mg a day and I have been going back and forth with coming off and running out and u name it. I know what he is going through and it is not easy. Especially if he has/had a legitimate pain issue for taking them. I don't remember if you said he did or not earlier. I respond to a lot of posts and don't remember everyone all the time. My question is if he just got off the methadone and has only been ten days, do you think it is too soon to try to come off the roxys? they are a bugger i am telling you. I have never been addicted to anything and do not have an addictive personality but have gotten hooked bigtime to these things.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:37 PM   #6
(female)

No, he has no legitimate pain. He slowly tapered off the meth(a few months). He also slowly tapered off the oxy's. About a month. His last oxy was exactly 2days ago. Today was horrible!!! I'm talking boiling water for baths, as that seems to be the only thing to bring relief. The ambien CR barely helps. I feel so helpless at least we have gone on several walks together. Just can't wait until this is over. He even gave me his cell and car keys to avoid being tempted, which is a good sign.
Hoping tomorrow is better. Thanks oxygirl

Old 01-21-2011, 02:02 AM   #7
Veteran
(male)

second go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB User

i found that gravol ( the pink pills not the lemon lozenges) help to go to sleep. they helped me sleep on day 2 and 3, i slept like a baby surprisingly. Just watch the dosage, I think i was taking a 40 or 50 mg gravol pill, read the box and dont overcompensate cause of the lack off sleep...follow the directions.

Good Luck, tell him the first 3 days his body is going to be screaming for more opiates, but just to keep doing what he's doing. Also think about why he;s trying to get off them, and keep that thought runnning through his head; hes got to want/need this bad!

Best of Luck, and keep us posted....

ps, if hes still going to work, he'll want to wake up an hour or an hour n half before leaving for work, to get into his day, i.e. the gatorade, maybe a walk around the block a couple times, cereal, st.johns wort tea for anxiety, but yeah, allow time to wake up and get his head right/mind focused.

Last edited by second go; 01-21-2011 at 02:05 AM.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:45 AM   #8
(female)

Hi second go, never heard of the gravol. Do they have it at most drug stores??

His name could be third go, because he's done this two other times. But you know how they say each detox is harder than the last. He said the worst part the other times was the pain in his back and legs and diarrhea. This time it's the anxiety. Hardly any back pain and no d********. weird huh?

So I read you told your g/f.hope things are going good for you. My husband was hooked on these pills(oxy's/meth) for a year. Until one night I happened to find them. I'm being supportive now, but without trust, what's left??? I know the addicted mind blah, blah, blah. F*** that. I'm his WIFE. This affected me and really hurt me.

Oh yea, he was lucky enough to get 10 days off work at a good paying salary job.

Thanks for the advice

Last edited by 813roxy; 01-21-2011 at 02:47 AM.

Closed Thread