It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2011, 03:02 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User
Update on son

Well guys I have a very good update for you regarding my son who has been addicted to Xanax on and off for 5 years. Well first of all, he relapsed after I let him move home. I kicked him out (once again) and this time it was for good. He moved in with a friend (so-called friend) and has been there 3 months, sleeping on his dirty couch. he is working and comes over now (didn't at first because I didn't have anything to say to him. I was done!) Now he comes over to visit and always says "I hate it over there." it's dirty and I have no peace and quiet...on and on...I always say, good...I hope you are so miserable that you will never take another pill. Well, he is getting his own apartment May 1....he has saved almost $2000 and can pay his rent up for 3-4 months....Yippie.....I think he is finally getting it. he is on his own all the way. but it took me not having anything to do with him for 2 months. I think he has finally realized life can be good....but you have to put the work into it......just wanted to share that...and now, if he comes to visit and gets an attitude...all I have to say is GO HOME..........

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2011, 04:43 PM   #2
(male)

tiedup HB Usertiedup HB User
Re: Update on son

i will pray for continued success

The Following User Says Thank You to tiedup For This Useful Post:
flintrock (04-14-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2011, 02:27 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

oxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB User

I am so happy for you flintrock. I started reading your posts when i first joined the board. I am just overjoyed for you. I know as a mother how hard that was for u to do but you did the right thing. Now keep up the good work and hopefully you can enjoy life a little more now that some of the worry is gone.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:34 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hi Flint

Old Friend, my heart is singing for you and for Son. It has been a long time coming and way too much suffering for the whole family. Drug addiction is just so rotten for everyone concerned. I am going to rejoice with you and hold your boy up in prayer that he can maintain and really grasp sobriety for good.

As for you, I think of you often and hope that you and Hubby are enjoying some trips now. Getting on with your own life with a lot less worry and a lot more joy. I think for your younger boy, seeing what pain addiction caused and the satruggle to get past it will serve as a safeguard for him.

God Bless you, Flint.
Always
reach

Closed Thread