It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2011, 06:58 AM   #1
(female)

Pock HB User
Help! Boyfriend is relapsing after 2 years clean!

I'm not really sure where to turn, so I'm hoping someone here can help me.

My boyfriend has been clean for 2 years. He was addicted to heroin, but would use pretty much any drug he could get his hands on, as well. He's 24 years old now. He spent about a year and half going from sober house to sober house, after his detox and managed to stay out of trouble for 2 years. I was not with him during the time of detox, but from what he's told me, he went through a pretty rough time.

He recently told me that he's been sniffing oxy for a few weeks. He gets high with his friend, who is deep in a drug addiction. He said he's trying to get clean but struggling because he's so depressed. He keeps saying "I'm trying to get completely clean". I'm not sure what that means.

He disappears for hours on end sometimes. When he does this, he doesn't answer any calls or texts from me, and when I finally get a hold of him, he tells me he just has a lot on his mind and needs his space. I have a feeling this is just his time to really get high and do whatever he wants.

A couple of weeks ago, he started buying suboxine from a friend and was taking that but has stopped and is now doing drugs again. He says now that he's doing all sorts of pills.

Last night he said that his friend pressured him into doing heroin. I'm now so worried that he's going to slip back into a heroin addiction. It seems that every time I talk to him about the drugs, he's just getting worse and worse and the drugs he's taking get more serious. Before it was pills, now it's heroin.

I love him and don't want to leave him, but I don't know how to help. I asked him if he wants to go to meetings, and he either just ignores the question or says he'll go and never does.

He said he needs to stop being around his friend who does drugs, and he's mad that he pressured him into doing heroin last night.
Is staying away from that friend enough to make him get clean?

I know that even if I force him to go to meetings, if he doesn't want to get clean, he won't. I don't want to push too much because he's being open about what he's doing. I'm afraid if I push him too much, he'll stop telling me the truth, and just lie about what he's doing because he knows it upsets me.

I'm so lost. I've made the decision to stay with him, I don't want to leave. But what can I do to help? I'm very worried.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2011, 12:44 AM   #2
(female)

Aaashley HB User
Re: Help! Boyfriend is relapsing after 2 years clean!

I'm a alcoholic /drug addict, clean and sober six months now. It's a tough go being with someone who has a problem. My spouse who has seven years sobriety had to put up with my crap, until I hit rock bottom. My rock bottom was almost losin my daughter and boyfriend, and so ****** up that if I couldn't have them , then I was prepared to end my life. I didn't want to be like that any more. I went to leipziq serenity retreat saskatchewan. I learnt the twelve steps to keep sober and learn to love ur self. Check it out on web. Aa meetings are a good start and to find a sponsor right away. Any more questions, please ask away, here to listen and help.

Closed Thread