It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2013, 08:35 AM   #1
(female)

monserrat18 HB User
Cocaine ended my relationship

My boyfriend of three years, on and off again, is an alcoholic, Xanax and cocaine user and smokes weed. The last time we got back together he needed a place, my house, to hang out to get over his oxycodone addiction which was awful to watch. It was just like in the movies when a person is writhing in pain and the can't keep anything down and they sweat and have cold shaking episodes. It was grueling to watch someone I loved going through this and feeling like all I could do was make soup and put cold towels on his head and change the sheets every couple of days. He said he was done with hard drugs and just going to do weed and drink occasionally. But after six great months together and watching him get healthier he started working at a restaurant where he had access to cocaine and started using again. He broke up with me saying he needed to be true to himself, meaning he needed to use cocaine again, because that's who he really was. He said I had no passion, which is not true, but I think it bothered him that I wouldn't try cocaine to help our sex life like he said it would. His sex drive was depleted by his use of Xanax and after three months of not having sex, I confronted him about it and two weeks later we were done. It's been four months since he said we could be friends and I haven't heard from him since. I recently heard he was back to using Cocaine regularly. I've heard of people who can stop but he couldn't. I think about him everyday and miss him because I did love him but I know now that I'm better off without him.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2013, 06:07 AM   #2
(female)

ZephyBoo HB User
Re: Cocaine ended my relationship

Hi sorry youre having trouble . Similar with my 8 yr fiancé (now ex)
He is just cocaine and alcohol. Horrible mood swings, impulsive anger. But sweet and loving other days. He kicked me out 5 weeks ago impulsively w anger that was over the top. He apparently recently reconnected w coke friends. very sad.

I hope you find some advice.

Reply Reply