It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Cancer Patients Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2005, 05:43 PM   #1
(female)

jan1959 HB User
husband has liver cancer

my husband has liver cancer and has been without treatment since sep. last scan showed cancer is growing again tried erbitux but it broke him out bad so he didnt take it anymore does anyone know about this drug or something esle out there his doctor act like they dont care anymore please responed thanks

Old 11-29-2005, 11:56 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

shnswms HB User
Re: husband has liver cancer

You could get a second opinion if you feel his doctors aren't doing anything else. You didn't mention whether this is secondary liver cancer from colon or primary liver cancer. I'm assuming its secondary since this is on colon cancer board. If it is primary you could try posting on the general cancer board. How old is your husband? If hes not willing to accept anymore treatment you could try to improve his quality of life. Erbitux is used to treat advanced colon cancer patients. In clinical trials irinotecan with erbitux (another anti cancer drug usually given in combination with Erbitux) shrank tumors in 22.9% of patients and treatment with Erbitux alone shrank tumors in 10.8% of patients. Breaking out with acne, rashes, and dry skin are one of the most common side effects of Erbitux. Good luck to you and your husband. Sorry I couldn't be of anymore help.

Last edited by shnswms; 11-30-2005 at 08:49 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2005, 09:02 PM   #3
(female)

cinda HB User
Re: husband has liver cancer

I was on a clinical trial for erbitux during my neo-adjunctive chemo. It was a clinical trial because it's not approved for stage iii rectal cancer yet. It made me break out horribly- my back, face and chest all hurt terribly. The "acne" would pop and bleed often--sometimes without provocation (i will be the first to admit i picked at it something horribly). But by the time I went through surgery, my tumor had shrunk signifigantly. If it's from the erbitux, or just the chemo/radiation, I don't know. I stopped the drug...6, 7 weeks ago, and my face is only now starting to get back to normal.

Closed Thread