It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Cancer Patients Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2006, 02:36 PM   #1
(female)

88Shadow HB User
Liver Cancer?

My sister has been battling salivary gland cancer this year. She's a recovering alcoholic and also smokes. She had surgery and radiation and just had a CT scan two weeks ago that gave us the all clear. Lately she's been having nauseau, throwing up (with specks of blood), horrible back pain, and a slight fever. Yesterday she felt so sick she went to the Emergency room and they did another CT Scan and told her there were spots on her liver. She's got no job, no insurance and was just struggling to gain the weight back from the oral cancer treatment so she could have enough strength to work. This is such a blow. The doc said he suspected her oral cancer came from her liver but it was never diagnosed (I suspect because she had no insurance they didn't do the tests they would do on an insured person - that sucks!). Anyway, we don't know much else. She's on a Colorado Indigent Health Insurance program so tomorrow they'll refer us to an oncologist. I was wondering if anyone else has been through liver cancer? The web info I've looked up is very unencouraging!

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Hypoechoic Liver Lesions Are They Usually Malignant? Pinda Liver & Pancreas Disorders 18 03-28-2011 05:41 PM
liver detoxification - liver cancer henriette Cancer: Pancreatic & Liver 7 04-08-2009 12:04 PM
Why do hep c people tend to get liver cancer? jessy28 Cancer: Pancreatic & Liver 13 02-16-2007 02:03 PM
Metastasis liver cancer from the Breast anxiety27 Cancer: Pancreatic & Liver 11 06-04-2006 03:47 PM
Inflamtion in the liver? Please help beachgirl01 Liver & Pancreas Disorders 9 02-14-2006 09:58 PM