It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Cancer Patients Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2006, 11:59 AM   #1
(female)

Analysis1123 HB User
friends mom has breast cancer

My friend got the news today that her mom has breast cancer. I'm so upset over this because she is like a mom to me to. How bad is this? I am sick over it because I don't know what's to come or what to say to my friend. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2006, 07:30 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

dazedandconfused1 HB User
Re: friends mom has breast cancer

analysis1123 im sorry to hear about your friends mom i cant help u on the breast cancer but i to have a best friend who s mom was like my mom and she was diagnoised with lung cancer i cried with my best friend went with her to take her mom to chemo and we would clean her house laugh cry we talked and i gave her my shoulders thats all u can do just be there. there is alot of infromation on the web there are alot out there that has beat it i have a friend who was diagnoised with breast cancer she lost both her breast 7 years later she is still here doing good

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2006, 05:06 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

smithn HB User

Dazed and confused has some good advice in your being there for your friend to lean on. These days, breast cancer treatment has advanced to the point where, in many cases, it is curable altogether. I have a strong family history of breast cancer and everyone has made it through!

Old 02-27-2006, 07:41 AM   #4
(female)

Mommy2Baz HB User

My Mom was diagnosed when I was a junior in HS. My friends were all there for me, as well as for my Mom just by being there to listen, to help at the house if it was needed, etc.

Your friend's Mom is going to need all the help she can get, and so is your friend. Just be there for them to lean on, and you'll all get through this.

((((HUGS)))) to you all!

Closed Thread