It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Cancer Patients Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2006, 10:51 PM   #1
(male)

ScrewedUpBigtim HB User
Fear Mother is Losing battle w/Pancreatic Cancer

I am only 23 yrs old and the last 2 yrs have pretty much been the most depressing years of my life. My mom was diagnosed with pancratic cancer in April 2005, and the surgeon said she would be lucky to live past 6 months. Well she has proved them wrong its been 1 1/2 years. BUT the last few months she has been looking wors and more tired. She is on chemo and has to give her self shots daily because her stomach swells up with fluid. She can't even eat anything, only maybe a few types of food. She sleep all day fatigued and now I am worried she doesn't have much time left. Is there anyone who knew someone in a similar situation who took an alternative treatment and turned out better? She is only 54 and is strong willed so I know she still has a chance, but living here and seeing her conditions as days go by really sucks

The following user gives a hug of support to ScrewedUpBigtim:
smolts (10-05-2011)
Old 10-24-2006, 06:00 PM   #2
(female)

sheilabe HB User
Re: Fear Mother is Losing battle w/Pancreatic Cancer

I am so sorry to hear about your mother. Mine is in the process of chemo and the drs are not very supportive or encouraging as she cannot have the tumour removed. They don't really give time frames at the Tom Baker Center and for that I am grateful;however, she is also finding relief from a accupuncturist and a spiritual healer( balancing her chacras and such... ). I don't know if there are any other alternative meds or therapies to help. Is your mum on gemcitabine(gemzar?)
You are both in my thoughts and prayers, take care

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2006, 01:27 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

ar58 HB User

I am sorry to hear about this. While I do not have direct knwoledge of anyone taking what I am proposing and turning out better but it could help.

The remedy is a homeopathic remedy by the name of Arsenicum Album 30c. It is remedy used for malignant symtoms of stomach where the swelling happens due to accumulation. You could try one dose to see of this helps at all.

Old 11-02-2006, 12:54 AM   #4
(male)

ScrewedUpBigtim HB User

Thank you for the support but it looks like in the comming days she will pass, sorry for your situation. You will be in my prayers and stay strong.

Old 11-02-2006, 10:45 AM   #5
(female)

exsecretary HB User
Cool Re: Fear Mother is Losing battle w/Pancreatic Cancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewedUpBigtim
I am only 23 yrs old and the last 2 yrs have pretty much been the most depressing years of my life. My mom was diagnosed with pancratic cancer in April 2005, and the surgeon said she would be lucky to live past 6 months. Well she has proved them wrong its been 1 1/2 years. BUT the last few months she has been looking wors and more tired. She is on chemo and has to give her self shots daily because her stomach swells up with fluid. She can't even eat anything, only maybe a few types of food. She sleep all day fatigued and now I am worried she doesn't have much time left. Is there anyone who knew someone in a similar situation who took an alternative treatment and turned out better? She is only 54 and is strong willed so I know she still has a chance, but living here and seeing her conditions as days go by really sucks
I'm so very sorry you are going through this -I have an Aunt who was just told she has weeks to live - and although she is 80, she looks like 50 and just 2 wks ago at a party she said she has never felt better! suddenly she is in the hospital being given weeks to live - pancreatic cancer also; okay, for what it is worth, I have done a lot of research on cancer - also, my sister just had a mastectomy at 52 yrs old; many of my friends diagnosed with some form of cancer in the last 2 yrs - we're all in our 50's; I am the Midlife Editor for Bellaonline.com - go to [url]http://midlife.bellaonline.com[/url] - I recently wrote an article on cancer and gave many websites you can go to for information; some key info that I have learned: the Pancreas is the organ that supplies all the enzymes for your body to break down its food - once that is ill your body is not getting the enzymes it needs to function properly; it also supplies insulin to the body to regulate the body's sugar; has anyone told your Mom about coffee enemas? they are very good for people with pancreatic cancer; check out the article I've just mentioned above and visit those websites for some info; the body CAN REPLENISH AND REJUVENATE ITSELF; the problem I see with your Mom is that the chemotherapy has weakened her immune system and therefore her body cannot fight off the cancer in this condition; my feeling is the side effects of these drugs are always worse than the original problem; maybe you could contact naturopathic doctors in your area for her to go and see; Suzanne Somers took "Iscador" which is a holistic/homeopathic remedy that is very popular and widely used in Europe - and Suzanne is about 6 yrs cancer free now; also buy her new book "Ageless" - I think she has some info on cancer treatment in there - not positive, but I think so - I hope I've helped a little, kathie

Old 11-07-2006, 10:15 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Dani Girl 78 HB User

I'm so sorry to hear this. Pancreatic Cancer is a silent killer, the ones that have it usually don't know that they have it until it's too late. I have started a my_space page (my_space.com/pan_can_awareness) {add the www and take out the _ } I'm trying to spread the word, PC needs more funding for research. It's the 5th cause of death in the U.S. (cancer related) yet it has no recognition.

Some ideas that I have is that animal protein only feeds the cancer, so a vegan diet would be the best for any one that has any form of cancer, also plenty of water and fresh carrot juice.

I lost my mother in-law almost a year ago to it, she lived just over a year after being diagnosed. I want to help others educate themselves....BEING AWARE IS THE ONLY WAY TO BEAT CANCER!! Also congress passed that Novemeber is Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month....so show your support and wear a purple ribbon. Visit pancan.org for more information.

Closed Thread