It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Cancer Patients Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2007, 06:34 PM   #1
(female)

lgcwbc HB User
Question Why did my Mother have to die from colon cancer

My Mother had her last colonoscopy 6/30/06. So i am told the dr found polyps, and put bands around them.?????What is this? She went into the hospital in August 07 ,for bleeding, they gave her 5 pints pf blood sent her home, and on September 10,07 she went back in to the hospital, weak with c-diff, and passed away October. The Dr.s and all medical people are making it impossible for me to get her records, as I believe her gasto dr. found the cancer and just let her die, with no choice of treatments. Someone out there please respond and give me direction. I have been so greif stricken, thinking my Mother didnt have to die, from colon cancer, and I need answers. Please help, if you can. My Mother was very healthy and took excellant care of herself. She was 83 years old in July, and she was healthier than all 5 of us, her children. She had colonoscopys ever 2 years, because her sister died of colon cancer when she was 88 years old. Does anyone have any ideas how I can find out just what this dr did or dint do to my Mother? Thank you so much for your help.

Old 11-12-2007, 06:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
Re: Why did my Mother have to die from colon cancer

I am sorry for the loss of your mother. If you feel her death was because of wrong doing get yourself an attorney that specializes in wrongful death suits. This is what you will have to do anyway even if you managed to get your mom's medical records. I'm not sure who by law can ask for your mom's medical records every state is different so start there first. The attorney will also be able to tell you after he gets the records if you have a case or not. good luck and again I am sorry for your loss. PS.... the 'bands' you asked about is what they tie off Polyps with to shut off blood supply so they drop off on their own. Some doctors do it that way...all quite normal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2007, 01:42 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB User
Re: Why did my Mother have to die from colon cancer

I am so sorry for your loss. My BIL is 90 yrs old, in great shape, the dr's say he is like a 60 yr old. He had colonoscopy last year all clear. A few weeks ago he started bleeding and now they say it's cancer. I've asked this b/4, but doesn't it take years for a polyp to become cancer? Don't they usually suggest having colonoscopy only every few years even if you have a family history of cancer? Good luck to you in finding answers.

Closed Thread