It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Cancer Patients Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2009, 08:44 PM   #1
(female)

dream catcher HB User
Spouse w/multiple myeloma

Newby here-first post ever. Husband age 66 diagnosed with multiple myeloma, life seems to be moving along at jet speed here. I am looking for input on hanging in there with all that is going on. Hubby has background of bladder cancer in 1997 which was treated, and hasn't reoccured. But this hit like a ton of bricks , first indication in August 08 when black spot in the spine discovered when testing to determine source of severe pain (bone fragment which settled and that pain resolved). We live in a remote (non road accessible) area in Alaska and had to seek medical help in Seattle. He is just today returning from Seattle with chem0 treatment plan in place to add to Zometa treatments he has been having. Appreciate any comments and/or encourage out there- I am not totally without a support system here but need all the help I can get. THanks,

Old 01-22-2009, 09:03 PM   #2
(female)

lifonahil HB User
Re: Spouse w/multiple myeloma

I can't help but i can say that today i had a test for the same thing. I am spilling some kind of protein in my urine and now the dr says this might be a possiability. I am so confused and i keep reading things and now my head is spinning. They told me i had fibro but now i am thinking they might have been wrong.

I wish the best for you and your husband. And that his treatment work well for him.

Fibro,Mgus,Palindromic Rheumatism. Cervical spinal stenosis

Aunt Laura

Last edited by lifonahil; 01-22-2009 at 09:04 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2009, 07:44 PM   #3
(female)

McTwirly HB User
Re: Spouse w/multiple myeloma

A resource you might use for a packet would be a paperback titled "100th Questions and Answers about Myeloma" by Asad Bashey & James W. Huston.

My spouse was DX with plasmacytoma/smoldering myeloma on our anniversary Nov 27, had 15 radiation treatments and a kyphoplasty for a vertebral compression. We have been here in the hospital since Dec 6 working on pain and mobility, will go to Mayo for the myeloma Feb 2.

Closed Thread