It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Cancer Patients Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2010, 05:47 PM   #1
(female)

N1989 HB User
Concerned Cousin....

Hi,

A couple weeks ago I went and helped my 36 year old cousin move. When I got there I was shocked at the amount of weight she lost. I thought nothing of it because I knew she was under a lot of stress. After I left I txt my mom saying that she had lost a lot of weight. We figured it was the stress and left it at that.
About 2 weeks later it was my college graduation day. Afterwards we went to my parent's house for a cookout. My cousin came over as well. My parents noticed what I was talking about and my father told my aunt to go have her checked out.
The results came back and she has stage 4 lung and bone cancer and the MRI came back today (a month after she went into the hospital) and it was confirmed that she also has a brain tumor.

I honestly do not know how I am feeling right now. The last month has been a lot to process. I know I will be loosing my cousin and there's nothing I can do about it. We had lost both our grandparents 3 years ago (Grandfather to Alzheimers and Grandma to lung cancer... but she went through chemo and she was a survivor but from everything her heart gave out) and one of my siblings is diagnosed with epilepcy and it's hard. You don't expect to be loosing a cousin before an aunt or uncle or a child before their parents. Why do those happen? I'm tired of crying so much and tired of these things happening to my family.

The following user gives a hug of support to N1989:
RobbyT (01-26-2011)
Old 09-14-2010, 04:55 PM   #2
(female)

graspingforhope HB User
Re: Concerned Cousin....

I am so incredibly sorry to hear about your cousin. It is tragic for anyone to be diagnosed with terminal cancer, let alone at such a young age. You, your cousin and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. May God help you all find peace in some way.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2010, 09:59 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

fufu HB Userfufu HB User

I can relate to what you are going through. Lost my father at a young age, three years ago lost my mother, three days later lost my aunt, six months ago lost my uncle.
My cousin was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and my husband recently has a suspected sarcoma, and he is a cancer survivor. We are awaiting biopsy results.
So you see just as i thought about why our family, there is always someone out there going through the same or worse. Stay strong and keep the faith.
I have lost so many loved one's but i am blessed to have had them, i thank God every day and i honestly am the person i am today because of all the angels i was given.

Last edited by fufu; 11-10-2010 at 10:00 AM.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:20 AM   #4
(male)

RobbyT HB User

I have recently lost my father to body cancer. I keep getting told the same thing over and over... these misfortunes are brought to us not to make us suffer but to make us stronger and as hard and unfair life may seem right now things will get better with time... some longer then others. In the end this will make you a better person and your experiences will help others when they end up going down this rugged path. I hope you use this experience as a tool for good. Take care

Old 01-26-2011, 08:01 AM   #5
(female)

graspingforhope HB User

Robby T,

I am so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and your family. My dad's lung cancer recently spread to his kidney and adrenal gland with a "large embolus" in his inferior vena cava. Being the fighter that he is, he has opted to try a clinicla trial with a new biological treatment. While there isn't much hope for it to help him or to improve his quality of life, we are trying to find strength in knowing that it could help others. May God bless all cancer patients and loved ones.. this is one "club" I wouldn't wish anyone to be a part of.

With empathy, support & prayers to you all...
Jessica

The following user gives a hug of support to graspingforhope:
RobbyT (01-26-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to graspingforhope For This Useful Post:
RobbyT (01-26-2011)
Closed Thread