It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Cancer Patients Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2010, 05:51 PM   #1
(female)

kristineH HB User
Father & son diagnosed with colon cancer

My Step Son in law and his father were both diagnosed with colon cancer in mid August of 2010. We are sorta lost still in the unknown. So far we know that the father Jack's cancer has spread to the liver and the lungs and they were doing some testing to find out if it was a "type" that would respond to chemo or not... tonight his wife made tearful calls to all the children asking them to come to the house this afternoon at 4:30pm but would share no other information... I'm waiting to hear but I'm expecting bad news.

The son David (my step daughters husband) was also told today that 15 out of 20 lymph nodes tested positive following his successful (we think) surgery last week to remove the cancer. Now I know this is bad but I can't figure out how bad it is... I'm reading everything I can find on it but it's very confusing. They have not told him at what stage he is in, really nothing. they did say following surgery that they inspected his liver and lungs and at least on the surface they appear healthy. They have an appointment set up for Wed to talk about Chemotherapy.

David is Age 35 he has 3 daughter and an adopted son, his wife has health issues of her own and this is so much to take in... she has turned to me in the absence of her father who we lost in 2007 and I want to be there for her... I want to learn all I can so I can be everything I need to be to her... anyone that can help me understand what is happening here would be greatly appreciated

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread