It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Cancer Patients Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2011, 01:30 PM   #1
(male)

RobbyT HB User
My father died so quick

My father and I have always been so close even though I live in Canada and he lives in Norway. My dad said he was fine that it was just the flu or something but when the truth came out he had body cancer. He kept telling me he was going to be fine and that I shouldnt worry...... so I didnt. three weeks before he died I was told to come to norway and see him just in case something did happen, so i said yes of course who wouldn´t. I have no one in canada to help me cause just picking up and leaving for another country is not the easiest thing to do e.g my apartment had to be packed up and my cat had to be looked after etc..... Anyways by the time I had literally packed my last box and was only two days away from seeing him he died... When I got to norway I did see him and was the hardest thing I had ever done and it was definitely not the way I wanted to remember him but I had to do it. these past months have been so hard, everywhere I go in norway theres memories of him and I having so much fun together its almost like torture. Since I gave up everything to come to norway I have no way of going back to my original life. So now I have lost my father who was my best friend and I have lost my life in Canada and now I have nothing! My dads girlfriend inherited all my dads wealth but refused to pay off hiss debts and funeral bills which all falls on me. What ****** bad luck I must have to deserve such a ****** outcome from my father dying. So much rage towards his girlfriend for screwing me over like this and the worst part about it is she rarely even went to see him while he was dying and she wasnt even there when he died!!! what kinda person would do that.... a selfish one thats who. Its been three months since he died and it seem s everyday it gets harder and harder not having him to talk to, I always thought over time it was suppose to be getting easier.... Im only 28 he was 62.... he will never see me get married or have kids there is just so much that he will miss and I will miss.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2011, 01:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: My father died so quick

Robby I'm so sorry for your loss. The only advice I can give you is to try to keep the good memories of your dad alive.

The Following User Says Thank You to rosequartz For This Useful Post:
RobbyT (01-25-2011)
Old 05-05-2011, 08:27 AM   #3
(female)

Izzyconrad2 HB User

Dear Robby.
i know how you feel i felt like that too when my dad died of skin cancer. He battled it for a long time and we all thought he would make it threw even him. I was at school when he passed away. I wish i would have said goodbye and regret spending all the time with him when i could have. My dad was 38 and i`m 18. I don`t know if i`ll ever be over it. He wasnt there to watch me go to prom or when i`m married. Even though it makes me sad i like to look at old pictures of my dad. I like to think of the good memories i shared with him in my childhood. Even though it makes me a little sad it helps me. I just think about the good times i had and hope that he`s watching over me to take care of me. Ever once in a while i feel like he`s there. I hope you`ll be okay were all here for you.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:27 PM   #4
(male)

opiate addict HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyT View Post
My father and I have always been so close even though I live in Canada and he lives in Norway. My dad said he was fine that it was just the flu or something but when the truth came out he had body cancer. He kept telling me he was going to be fine and that I shouldnt worry...... so I didnt. three weeks before he died I was told to come to norway and see him just in case something did happen, so i said yes of course who wouldn´t. I have no one in canada to help me cause just picking up and leaving for another country is not the easiest thing to do e.g my apartment had to be packed up and my cat had to be looked after etc..... Anyways by the time I had literally packed my last box and was only two days away from seeing him he died... When I got to norway I did see him and was the hardest thing I had ever done and it was definitely not the way I wanted to remember him but I had to do it. these past months have been so hard, everywhere I go in norway theres memories of him and I having so much fun together its almost like torture. Since I gave up everything to come to norway I have no way of going back to my original life. So now I have lost my father who was my best friend and I have lost my life in Canada and now I have nothing! My dads girlfriend inherited all my dads wealth but refused to pay off hiss debts and funeral bills which all falls on me. What ****** bad luck I must have to deserve such a ****** outcome from my father dying. So much rage towards his girlfriend for screwing me over like this and the worst part about it is she rarely even went to see him while he was dying and she wasnt even there when he died!!! what kinda person would do that.... a selfish one thats who. Its been three months since he died and it seem s everyday it gets harder and harder not having him to talk to, I always thought over time it was suppose to be getting easier.... Im only 28 he was 62.... he will never see me get married or have kids there is just so much that he will miss and I will miss.

lost my dad to bbowel cancer the most horrific thing me and my family have been though, my dads been gone 5 years now and being a big influence on my life will never be forgotten , but time is agreat healer and you will remember the good times with your dad and hopefully the illness will come secondry if at all when you remember your dad

Old 05-25-2011, 04:15 AM   #5
(male)

smartandy HB User

I feel really sorry to hear this from you Robby. I can understand what you might have gone through. I have had the same experience 5 years back. And I know how the loss feels like when some-one so close by leave you forever.
God bless you.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:52 AM   #6
(female)

Tsunamiw4ve HB User

Hi Robby,
I am new to this website. But i read your posting. Sorry 2 hear the passing away of your beloved Dad. I can empathise with you in part. I lost 4 loved ones within 16 months.
3 to Cancer and 1 to stroke...

I would say to U : Hang in there, as there will be "light" at the end of the tunnel.

What yr late Dad's gf did was wrong. Yet remember, what goes around... comes around.

It's alright to have anger issues yet it's good to deal with them & move on with life.
Life is not always fair, but it can be good.

Every person who has lost a loved ones needs to have time to grieve over the loss. I had to deal with grief, sadness & also anger issues. But it's all good...

Take a day at a time... Have friends who can support U somewhat and find out if you can seek some free legal help in terms of this area of financial assistance to tie u through.

It is truly not "fair" that u have to bear the cost of all those funeral logistics and what have U...without any help coming from yr late dad's gf.

O well, in this world...there are truly kind & mean ppl of all sorts. So cheer up.... you will have a bright future when you do not keep bitterness, resentment & anger.

Do what you can & i pray U will come through with inner peace, joy & much support.

Take care...

Last edited by Tsunamiw4ve; 06-29-2011 at 12:53 AM.

Closed Thread