It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Cancer Patients Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2011, 07:23 PM   #1
(female)

lovemybro HB User
Small Cell Lung Cancer

Hi, this is my first post...
My older brother, 48, was diagnosed with extensive small cell lung cancer in Feb. of this year. In the last 4 months, he's had as many rounds of chemo as they will give him and sees the doctor regularly, but still smokes. It has spread to his legs and skull.
They gave him 6-9 months to live back in February, which was the hardest thing I've ever had to hear. (my brother is 10 years older and has always been my "big bro".)
He has had alot of things wrong, typical of this disease, but he just doesn't look or seem like he is going to die. While I am very grateful for that, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what I can expect in the next few months.
Recently, he has had extreme trouble in trying to use the bathroom (urine or BM), has horrible pain in his legs and is extremely angry and for a lack of other words...mean...while understandable, still is hard. Just in the last couple days, he has been bleeding from his rectum. He has started taking Delaudid.
He is a CLOSED BOOK in what he and his doc talk about...again, understandable. If anyone could offer some things I should expect, I would appreciate it. Like I said, sometimes he doesn't even look like hes sick, let alone dying. I think it would help me not to panic everytime he has a wierd itch, that I have somehow convinced myself is the beginning of the end.
Thanks to anyone who can help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread