It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Cancer Patients Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2011, 01:48 PM   #1
(female)

sande15 HB User
Angry withstanding lung surgery with severe copd

I read many posts from 05 about this.
My husband is now in this position. He has severe lung damage. He had lung cancer surgery 5 years ago, and they removed the lower left lung. Cancer is now in the upper left lobe.(so they say)
Only the pet scan shows the spot. It is in the center of the lung.
The bronscope did not catch anything.
They can't do a needle biopsy for fear of colapsing the lung.
So I guess VATS is also out. I know i am rambling. I guess I wanted to know if anyone expereinced anything like this.
thanks to all
sande15

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2011, 02:13 PM   #2
(female)

joesgirlmillie HB User
Re: withstanding lung surgery with severe copd

My step dad has terminal lung cancer because his copd is so bad he could not have the op, he has chemo and radiotherapy, is on oramorph, was diagnosed in dec 2010 and he is still going on in august, had his bday yest. He has fought it like a soldier and not once let it stop him, he has oxygen and has had 2 blood transfusions, he is terminal sadly, its devastating and he wants to live so bad but he continues to battle it, so days are better than others, the cancer has spread now and he is on about 20 tablets a day but some days he is great, others sleepy. Dont give up hope, his wasnt diagnosed correctly to start with, they missed it twice. The brain is a powerful tool, he has a will of iron and its helped me loads, hes pottering about in the greenhouse enjoying every min xx

The Following User Says Thank You to joesgirlmillie For This Useful Post:
sande15 (08-12-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2011, 03:52 PM   #3
(female)

sande15 HB User

joesgirlmillie
thanks for the reply. Even though we are not happy with what's happening.
Don went for a stress test yesterday to see if he could withstand surgery.
we go back for the results on Wednesday.
Don't know what they will sugest if his test was bad. He only has 40% breathing copasity in his lungs.
I will post again when something is new.
Thanks again

Old 05-22-2012, 07:39 PM   #4
(female)

waytosoon HB User

My mom has lung cancer 65% use and she has active cancer problem. She had surgery for the 1st time and cleared the cancer, and now she has a new nodule now 3/4 in long and we cant do chemo, radiation, or surgery!! She broke her ankle and then stood up and compounded the problem.. told her you know if you are going to mess things up and wanted me here.. boy you did a good job.

Surgery sucked.. leg in cast hospital sends her to nursing home almost dead... nursing home says oops... person with copd .. (not rocket science) cant have this.. but they did it anyways, so with a 200 carbon dioxide level, she went to hospital .. this all started in feburary .. now cast off.. can barely stand, dementia due to co2.. oxygen ..

all i can do is say is OMG... I know i am not alone.. but i feel like it. Today I tell her about a dream .. of her and my dad getting together .. and she says he visits me all the time /he died 3 days before my birthday last year...

We go to the hospital every 10 days... she doesnt want to go anymore so in about 6 days... she will be feeling the effects we decided to do comfort care.. can i do this or cant i .. dont know ... dont know.. I feel lost and left with no one to understand. I wish she had told me sooner.. I wsh she didnt lie so much...

i am here and wont desert her.. ARG

Closed Thread