It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Cancer Patients Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2011, 10:09 PM   #1
(female)

helplessinohio HB User
Question about my grandmother!!!

My grandmother is 81 yrs old, lives in Florida and I am in Ohio. For the past yr she has been through a lot of medical issues. She has had pneumonia, dislocated her hip, diagnosed with ovarian and uterine cancer, and within the past 2 weeks, she has had fluid building up in her lungs. The dr.s say it is from her cancer spreading so fast throughout her body that it is "leaking" lymph fluid into her lungs. She has a chest tube and a pump that is constantly running to drain the fluid.

They're sending her hom on Monday, with hospice. She is of sound mind, great appetite, good spirit etc. The dr.s will not do any treatment for her cancer as it is ALL over her body and she is too old and weak for chemo or radiation...she just dislocated her hip 110 days ago and had been out of the hospital for only 10 days!

My question is, how long should I expect her to be around? I want to be there with her in the final days but I am in Ohio with a family of 3 children...I don't know if I should fly down there now to be with her or maybe she has another month....????? I am not just waiting for her to pass, I was actually down to see her in June and I thought I was saying goodbye to her then. But she pulled through. The dr told us today that every day we get with her from here on out is a miracle....

Please help me!!!!!

Thank you!

Can ANYONE help me out on a timeline?

Closed Thread