It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Cancer Patients Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2011, 11:23 AM   #1
(female)

Kristelis HB User
My mom has colon cancer

My mom was just diagnosed with colon cancer and had a mass removed from her colon. I was told both her lungs are covered with tumors and she has two tumors on her liver as well. We don't know what to expect but she has been having trouble eating because her food has no flavor . She went from 119 lbs to 108 lbs in a week . I feel like she is just withering away and there is nothing I can do to help her. I feel scared and alone . I try my best to take care of her and my children at the same time as I am a single parent. They have called in hospice to help . I don't know what else I need to do to help her. I take her to her appointments and try to make sure she is comfortable . I try to be as strong as I can be in her presence when all I want to do sometimes is cry . I just remember what it was like when I was a little girl and when I wa afraid she would always hold me and I felt safe . I can't imagine my life with her. I constantly wonder how much time I have left with her and what signs I should look for towards the end . I have had nobody in my recent family with any cancer. How do I know how bad her cancer is?

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Kristelis
slenderella (01-10-2012), veyaundremon (12-13-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2012, 09:54 PM   #2
(female)

lyingawake HB User
Re: My mom has colon cancer

Hospice, that for me says it all. All i can say though is to cherish every single moment because once theyre gone, theyll never come back. :/ Unfortunately i know from experience. Stay strong kristelis and tell your mom how much you really love her. <3

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread