It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Cancer Patients Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2011, 09:54 PM   #1
(female)

Lady Lotus HB User
Husband with Terminal Liver Cancer

Hi, my name is Hillarie.

My 49 yr old husband has been battling cancer for a bit over a year now. He was diagnosed in the summer of 2010 with stage 4 liver/lung cancer. Now after a year of chemo sessions he cant do them anymore so he's considered terminal.

Chemo left his spleen enlarged(and growing) and platelets crappy.

His cancer...they cant find the origin the biopsy from his liver found 3 distinct and different types of cancer, the main one being lung but no cancer was found in the lung itself.
They believe the origin was so microscopic in his lungs it isnt detectable.

Anywho, he's been on a very selfish kick and the meds he's on have made him over the top with anger and freaking out over little things and just have me and our 3 young sons(ages 7, 5, and almost 4) never knowing what we'll get. I call it living in PMSville cuz we just dont know what mood we'll get.

He thinks he can say and do whatever he wants and noone can argue cuz of his condition and if you do try and give your opinion he jumps down your throat and even gets into the attitude of "fine leave and Ill keep the kids" if he doesnt think Im talking enough to him.

His counselor recently diagnosed him with PTSD because of childhood trauma with stepdads. I dont agree, I dont think the counselor is getting the full and honest picture out of him.

Any suggestions on how to deal with him this way yet keep the family calm?? I know he doesnt have long...they told me maybe a year. But between his attitude and now my 7 yr old being diagnosed with a chronic condition Im about to lose my mind.

Thx for reading.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2011, 03:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: Husband with Terminal Liver Cancer

I wish I had some wise words for you, Hillarie. You are all going through heartbreaking stuff. Your husband must be petrified. I'll be praying for all of you.

blessings, Sue

Closed Thread