It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Cancer Patients Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #1
(female)

foreveralice1 HB User
Why do people do the things they do?

I have lost my mother to cancer back in 99, we were kinda close, but it could have been better. this is the thing, my neice is a compulsive liar, lies all the time, about anything. She once told me that she had lunch at school with hillary Clinton, her mother believes ever word that comes out of her mouth. So, she is lying about having a tumor and cancer, she gets on facebook and tells all these awful lies about her sickness and disease, it makes me so sick. i know she's lying, she's a hypochondriac and her father went to the doctor with her and it's just a mental thing with her. Why does she do these things, for attention. i could go into a lot kore detail, but i dont havr the time right now. her mother does or did suffer from MunchHausen By proxy6, she still does, I say that cause she is the one who takes her to all these doctors and she is now a grown woman. She will not drive a car, says her sickness effects her driving, she's full of it. I now have a person close to me who has a 6 year old child with a massive brain tumor, on her brain stem. it's terrible thing. that's why i am so mad at my neice for lying about being sick all the time. I dont even talk to her anymore, or visit with them. including my sister in this as well, she's just as gulity as she is. Has anyone ever heard of this before, lying for attention, claiming a sickness you dont have for attention? Well, I am done with them both, i cant stand neither one of them or what they stand for. They both are not anything to me anymore, were done!!! Hypochondria is one thing, being a straight upiar is another!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2012, 05:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: Why do people do the things they do?

Yes, lying for attention and even making up terrible illnesses to receive attention is something others do, as well. In my neighborhood a woman shaved her head and told everyone that she had breast cancer, and was taking donations toward her "medical care".
I can understand why you are so upset....you lost your mother, and you know other people who are suffering and experiencing ill health for real. I think that you are already doing what you should- you are not communicating with your niece anymore. I advise you to do one more thing. Pray for her. She obviously has a lot of mental/emotional issues.

blessings, Sue

Old 01-09-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
(female)

foreveralice1 HB User

Thanks, you're so right. It is upsetting to hear these things and know how untrue it is. To have lost someone and to know many others who have battled such a terrible disease, for someone to just out and out lie about it, makes me so angry. thanks for suggesting that i pray for her, you're right! I will and i know I should have done this before now, but I guess i had to get passed the lies first and to except who and what she is all about. I dont know if i can or will ever talk to her again, or my sister for that matter as well, but i don't need them in my life anyway. when I did need my sister, she was never there for me, never has,never will be there for me, but i was for her. thanks again for taking the time to let me know how you felt regarding this issue, i appreciate it a lot.take care and stay healthy.

The following user gives a hug of support to foreveralice1:
slenderella (01-10-2012)
Old 01-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Chele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB UserChele60 HB User

That is terrible! However, if your sister has Munchhausen's, it's not too much of a stretch to think where your niece is getting her ideas from. Unfortunately, there will always be people out there who will use serious illness to play on the emotions of people around them. To me, it's beyond sick.

But I really do believe in karma. And one day these people may just be stricken with an illness for which there is either no cure or no easy way to cure. And all their desperate attempts at attention by way of illness will leave them will no sympathy from anyone. But it does seem as though some people simply have no heart.

Closed Thread