It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Cancer Patients Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2012, 07:32 AM   #1
(female)

Cklarosa HB User
Sister Has Liver Cancer

Hi,

Today my mum told my sister and I that she was dying from liver cancer whilst we were all having a fight. I know that if we didn't fight tonight she would have kept this to herself until she left us. She told us she has 6 months, I'm hurting so much. I was hoping you could give me some advice on how to deal with this. I'm a mess, I have two beautiful little girls that I need to take care of and I just don't know how I'm going to do it feeling the way I do. I don't feel like I'm going to have the strength to deal with this and the day to day life that I currently have. I admire everyone that gets through these situations, I so scared I won't. How did you deal with this? How did you get through it? I'm 31 and I've never lost anyone close to me, I know I'm lucky in that sense but I'm 31 and I don't know who to deal with this pain. Please step me through your experience so I know what to expect and I'm prepared. If its too hard for you then I completely understand.

Last edited by mod85; 03-21-2012 at 11:41 AM.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Agenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB User
Re: Liver cancer - 6 months to live

Hi,

My friends father died of stage 4 liver cancer last September, he was given 6 months and lasted 4. He passed away from a kidney infection that turned to septicaemia. My friend made the most of every spare minute she could to spend time with her dad, she felt closer to him because of this and it gives her comfort. He wanted to talk about dying and his wishes and while she found this very hard t the time it is what he needed. Look after yourself in the months ahead and the very best of luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread