It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Cancer Patients Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
(female)

Momof20710 HB User
In desperate need of some difficult family advice?

Hello. Thank You for taking the time to read my post. Ill try to just get to the chase and make long story short as possible.
It all started 10 years ago in 2002 when my half sibling sister ( that I didnt even know I had) came into our lives. I was 14 at the time and all I could think about was, Wow I have another sister!! I was excited! She was a bit older than myself because my dad had a 21 age diffrence than my mother. So I was 14 and she was 32 at the time. Everything was going great, until my father, and mother was having alot of problems. At the time I didnt know what they was because i was to young. So later on I had found out that my half sister was going behind my mothers back asking my father about his life insurance policy. My mother had found out that my dad made my half sister beneficiary after 5 months! So after just a few short months my parents divorced after 21 years of marriage
So here it is 2012, I am now 24 years old, married and 2 beautiful babys of my own, and not much has changed, my HALF sister is bossy and controlling as ever! and me, well im always the push over.... The only thing has changed is my father remarried 5 years ago, shes okay very ditsy.lol.
My father is 75 years old and was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer back in November of 2011, and 3 weeks ago he was diagnosed with Lung cancer, he is getting weaker and worse every week. Ever since I have had so much Anxiety over everything! I know this is selfish of me, I understand, but I can not help but wonder, what will happen to all od my fathers things when he is gone? Will my step mother remarry, and another man living in that house with all my fathers presious things, and memories? Will my half sister ( that I have no contact with anymore) will she get things thats is so priceless to me? Will my step mother go by my father wishes? Is there anything I can do about it if she doesnt? I have so many questions...
I am so heart broken about everything! My father illness, family, and im mad at myself for letting people to me the way they have for so long.
Is it wrong to feel that I should have more right and say so over my fathers wishes (making sure everything is the way he wanted).
I dont know what to do. I thought about going to a therapist, but I already feel better telling my story here!
I am in desperate need, for answers, and advice?
So much for keeping my story short huh? Sorry.
Thank You all for reading though God Bless!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread