It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Cancer Patients Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2012, 12:32 AM   #1
(female)

cajun50 HB User
Stage IV Bladder Cancer

My husband was diagnosed with stage 4 bladder cancer 11 months ago. He went through 6 months of aggressive chemotherapy and was cancer free for 3 months. It has now spread to lymph nodes in the abdominal area, pelvic area, and the lower aorta area. He has decided to forgo any further treatment and as hard as it is, I have to respect his decision. My question is "What happens next?" He is experiencing a lot of pain, nausea and weight loss. He is taking oxycotin for pain and zophrin and phen gel for nausea. His oncologist told us that my husband could possibly survive for maybe 6 months. He seems to be going downhill fast. What can I expect for the remaining time he has?

Old 08-24-2012, 01:55 PM   #2
(female)

lomasallyp HB User
Re: Stage IV Bladder CancerHe

Have help! My husband died of bladder cancer 14 months ago. He was misdiagnosed as having an enlarged prostrate which was incorrect. He received some really bad medical treatment. I cared for my husband at home with the help of family and hospice. I cannot stress enough that you must have support. Do not try to do it alone. Take care of yourself and get as much rest as you can. Talk to your spouse even though they may not respond as they do understand.

As hard as it was, I would not sacrafice the time I had with my husband in his illness. I held his hand and said goodbye. He was not alone. You must not be alone. There will be challenges so do not be afraid to ask questions.

My husband's greatest joy was when our grandchildren came to say hello and goodbye. It meant the world to him.

I am so sorry for your pain!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply