It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Cancer Patients Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2012, 09:09 AM   #1
(male)

TIM447 HB User
Unhappy my mom

My mom was diagnosed with colon cancer 2 months after my son was born. It had already spread to her liver. She had the surgery and started Chemo very soon after that. The cancer “numbers” were dropping at a very good rate, to the point that she was almost “without cancer” her number was 3 for those of you who know what that means. She continued to get chemo every 2-3 weeks for about a year and a half. Last month her numbers were of so she had another scan and they found a small amount of cancer on her lung. They changed her chemo to something a bit stronger. Now I sit here scared. My son is almost 21 months old, so she has been getting pumped with chemo every 2-3 weeks for about 19 months. I don’t really have a question, just saw this board and needed to write this down. Thank you.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:46 AM   #2
(male)

TIM447 HB User
my mom (update)

Turns out new Chemo is much worse than the older chemo. she feels a ton weaker and is now losing her hair. She is putting on a brave face but I am just about to lose it. any good vibes sent her way would be very much appreciated.

The following user gives a hug of support to TIM447:
shadowcharmed (08-09-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2012, 02:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User
Re: my mom

Tim,

I'm so sorry about your Mom. Some of the chemos are really tough and take a lot out of the person. I lost both my Dad and husband to cancer. It seems that once the cancer has taken hold it's hard to eradicate. It keeps popping up someplace else. The chemo weakens the immune system while it's killing the cancerous cells so it moves to another area. It's a Catch-22 Has your Mom looked into Cancer Treatment Centers of America? They use traditonal and alternative treatments such as diet, counseling/therapy, etc. I keep her in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong

Last edited by rudiraven; 08-09-2012 at 02:27 PM.

Closed Thread