It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Cancer Patients Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
(male)

Robert1016 HB User
Coming to the end

15 months ago my 4 year old son had emergancy surgery at Dallas Children's to remove a tumor (Medulloblastoma) the size of a golf ball. After rounds of chemo, radiation and lost of suffering we lost hope yesterday. No more reasonable treatments exist, doctor indicates we are done. Prayer and faith are gone for me, all I have is hope God recieves my son and the coming pain is not too hard on him. 6 weeks, 6 months maybe a year who knows but the tumors are growing fast and the pain has already started. Don't know how I will comfort him when the pain hit hard. I look at him and can't help but feel I've failed him.

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: Robert1016
cashahn (08-30-2012), ml56 (08-15-2012), Seraph (08-15-2012)
Old 08-15-2012, 05:06 PM   #2
(female)

ml56 HB Userml56 HB User
Re: Coming to the end

I just happened on your post, and just wanted to tell you that I am so sorry for your sons and your pain. Please don't blame yourself. You couldn't have possibly had anything to do with this. These things seem to happen so often, and I can't think of any reason that makes sense. I don't know if you believe in God, but the only way that I have been able to deal with the loss of my loved ones is through knowing that I will be with them again one day.
Please know that my prayers are with your family, and I will say a special one for your son.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2012, 08:08 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Suisse85 HB UserSuisse85 HB User
Re: Coming to the end

This must be incredibly hard for you. You will never fail him as long as you are there for him through the end. Just try to "be there" and offer your son the nurture you always would. Easier said than done.

Closed Thread