It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Cancer Patients Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2012, 07:16 AM   #1
(female)

onecent42 HB User
husband just diagnosed with liver cancer...

Well, I don't know where to begin.. My husband has Hep c, we found out in 1990, he didn't want to treat it, so in 2002 a Dr. wanted him treated for it, so he started the shots & pills, he stopped after a month, hep c was very bad at that time, ok flash to 2010, he started getting very hateful, his personality totally changed, & making crazy decisions, but that behavior would come & go, then he started getting sick not being able to eat, also that would come & go, ok in 2011 his not eating was getting really bad, I begged him to see a Dr which i did the whole time, reluctantly he recently saw a Dr, unfortunately the Dr found liver cancer!!! and its inoperable and its on a main portal vain, the mass is 2 1/2 to 3 inches, he does not want to do chemo, so we are gonna try holistic approach, still hes not co-operating, it must be ammonia levels? he stays very sick & nauseated, Dr. has him on compazine, it helps, but no pain, thank God, hes still up & driving but he will get exhausted alot, I don't know what stage hes in or nothing! hes very thin lost alot of weight, hes not jaundiced, hes not swollen, any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Old 09-30-2012, 12:38 PM   #2
(female)

jojocont HB User
Re: husband just diagnosed with liver cancer...

I am so sorry to hear you are going through this. I lost my husband in March of 2010 due to hep c and then getting liver cancer. Your husband reminds me of mine. Many excuses not to go to the doctor. But then we blamed the being tired all the time and just feeling plain icky on his diabetis. My husband was afraid of the treatment for hep c not to mention the fact that he worked for a small company so he was afraid if he did start treatment they would find a way to get rid of him. He was also worried about paying bills if the treatment made him sick. Please try everything you can to get your husband to do whats asked of him. My husband was 59 when he passed leaving behind a daughter that was 15 at the time. She is still having trouble with him being gone. Remind him of those he will leave behind and the affect it will have on them. If you have to ask them to tell him what the impact will be. That might be hard because you don't want him to feel bad, but remember if it works you might have him around alot longer. But if he does pass quickly remember that also means he doesn't have to suffer long. My husband although I didn't want to live without him, went quickly and didn't really have to suffer much. So for that I am greatful. I hope this helps a little. I'm not always good at explaining things in the way I want to. If there is anything I can do please let me know.

The Following User Says Thank You to jojocont For This Useful Post:
onecent42 (10-03-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2012, 06:42 AM   #3
(female)

onecent42 HB User
Re: husband just diagnosed with liver cancer...

Hi, thank you for getting back to me, I'm very sorry for the loss of your husband. so you know what I am going through........... he has decided to try and do something about it, but I'm very worried, its late stage, the tumor is large 6+centimeters, and its on or near a portal vein, he goes Tuesday for several tests to see if it even can be operated on, but one of the tests is very bad, and its the liver pressure test,where they go into the jugular vein to get to the liver to check the pressure, this test alone can kill him, I would like some more info on this test, the Dr. said if he doesn't do anything he will surely die, and its better to try something, I'm so scared.

Reply Reply