It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Cancer Patients Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2012, 07:40 AM   #1
(female)

Cvanpelt HB User
PSA 72.04 CT Scan and Bone Scan Normal?? Wife needs answers.

Hello, I am the wife of a husband who has had a radical prostatectomy in Feb. 2000. His gleason score now is 3+4, 4+3, PSA has risen quickly in past 4 months from 17 to 72.04, bone scan just came back as normal, CT scan of pelvic area showed normal few days ago, cancer was marginal at neck of bladder in 2000, discovered two tumors (not biopsied yet) in bladder and is being removed (turbt) tomorrow with widening neck of his bladder. His urology physician speculates he may have about a good year or more to live. I am trying to prepare myself mentally and financially for the what is to come. My husband and I are both Christians and are not afraid to discuss death and the future. We just want to know the TRUTH and not be told half-truths to make us feel better. I do not like to discuss in front of him though, how much life he may have left. I just need to get a general idea so I know how to prepare because we have a high mortgage payment, etc. and I am not working. I was wondering if anyone has had a similar story as his. He has never had radiation, nor chemo. He only has taken Zolodex injections for 12 yrs. and that is it. He refuses radiation and chemo and Casodex. With the PSA that high, the Dr. believes the cancer is somewhere still, but we do not know where. I am wondering if their guess that he has only a yr. or little more to live is correct? Of course we don't know for sure, it is in God's hands. Could he still pass away shortly with cancer not showing up in the bones and pelvic area? Is there anyone out here who knows of someone with a similar situation? Thank you for your time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply