It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Cancer Patients Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2012, 01:29 PM   #1
(female)

mom32 HB User
Cancer patient caregiver

I need to know if there is a board for caregivers of cancer patients. My partner and I are caring for her aging mother who has stage 4 Lung cancer and we desperately need others to talk to who understand what we are going through.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:55 PM   #2
(female)

usue HB User
Re: Cancer patient caregiver

Mom 32 I hear you and my heart goes out to you. My husband has stage 4 lung cancer and I am his only care giver. There are times I hate him because of this all consuming painful metastatic lung cancer. I really don't know how I will do it but then something will happen and I am happy to still have him with me. Just for 1 more day. If you hear of a care giver board would love to know about it.

Last edited by usue; 01-10-2013 at 08:57 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to usue:
AmberP333 (03-17-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2013, 10:53 PM   #3
(female)

AmberP333 HB User
Re: Cancer patient caregiver

usue: I am my husband only caregiver as well. It is soo hard, and so very mentally and physically draining. I feel completely depleted. And I to, sometimes get so angry and resentful towards him because it has completely consumed my entire life. If and when he feels old and wants to get up and get out of the house, he never suggests spending time with me, and just wants to work on his boat. I selfishly, will feel taken for granted and used, even though I know that he wants to finish his boat, and when he's working on it, he doesn't feel stressed or worried about dying. On the other hand, when I have free moments, I use those to research his cognition to find other options. I am scared to death to lose him.

Reply Reply